Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently got stationed back in the states but on the opposite coast that I used to be on. I’m living in Ivor (country town) in southeast VA. What are the best options for track day organizations in these parts? I’m looking at starting again next year as I still need to buy some things I sold prior to leaving the states and preferably an organization with an A, B, C group as it’s been over four years since I’ve been on a racetrack.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,420 Posts
N2 is defiantly the best org in my opinion....they have great CR's and run safe days. Yes they have more rules and stricter bumping requirements than some of the other TD orgs in the area. However this leads to more consistent, safer and instructional sessions. And they are on average quicker group for group....

N2 also has a partnership with Evolve GT, which means you can register with N2 credits for an Evolve day. An example of pace...I am near the pointy end of N2's Intermediate group....and I ride in Evolve's Advance group, and am middle pack there...

NCBike, VIR, Summit Point, Pitt Race, NJMP and CMP are all within reasonable driving distance from you.

Also if you are looking for a school, YCRS is run out of NJMP.

Oh and most groups around here run Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,420 Posts
A lot of tracks over there. I’ll be moving back to Fort Bragg next week.

A lot of people seem to like N2. I was with Team Pro Motion but might switch to N2 or perhaps use both.
@Tad158

June 2&3 NCBike with N2.....:sneaky....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Tad158
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing