Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's going on fellas? I'm new to the forum. This is my first litre bike. I had 97 Honda F3, 99 Yamaha R6, 04 Honda CBR 600rr, 05 Yamaha R6 and 06 Yamaha R6. Recently I put my bike in local sale because I have deployment to Iraq soon but somebody offered me to do straight trade with 04 R1 shift red. It's got pretty cool mods. I'm here to learn more about litre bikes. I'm not sure if I need enough power to use it. but yea.. power was amazing. I rode 07 750 gsxr and I thought it had power like 1000cc but I was wrong... Anyways, here are some pics!..

The R1

this is me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know.. when I test rode this r1.. I was so scared to lean.. I thought the cage was gon scrap through the ground.. I told the owner to take it off right away.. but he didnt have the tool.. I'll have to go to to shop and take it off.. anybody wants it?? i accept offer =)

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Be sure to put on some quality frame sliders once you get the cage off. Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Watch your throttle control very closely in hard cornering on an R1. The R1 tends to shock the chassis since it has so much more torque than the R6 and it can easily disrupt your line of travel.

Ian

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice bike. Welcome to the forum!

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Nice bike. :thumbup Be careful out there.

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I agree this is the place to learn. I read posts way more than I post - very informative site with alot of expierience.

Nice Bike - I agree the cage must go, maybe keep it on until you realised how many horses are under your arse and mastered the throttle control.

So my two cents will be throttle control, do no WOT it in turns and have a very easy wrist in the beginning until you get the feel.The front is light under all that torque so use your body weight and move around a bit

You'll be tense in he beginning with all that power but try to relax your arms and grip the tank with your knees. You'll quickly realise your arms are tense when you start getting wanker cramps in your wrists.

Just respect her and treat her well, she'll give you alot of satisfaction (apply this to your wife or GF's too) :sneaky

:rock Safe Riding and Respect the Beast :fork

:boobies Rule !!!

·
I didnt do it..
33 Posts
Welcome and ride safe dude! Looks like your front brake lever is broken?? Good thing theres a cage on it then!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.