Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GO KINGS GO
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I am new to this forum. I just upgraded my 93 GSXR 1100 to a 2001 Yamaha R1. I can't believe the difference in power and handling. I know I will have a lot of questions. I hope to get some expert advice from all of you. Any pointers will definately help.

Thanks

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Welcome :hellobye

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!! What color? Mods? I just picked up a red 01 r1 a couple of weeks ago...Its an awesome bike!!!:hellobye

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Welcome grasshopper. :bash Pics are a must. :fact Enjoy your
stay with us. This site rocks. :p

·
Banned
360 Posts
It's all over.....once you ride "THE ONE!!" there is no returning to bikes that mere mortals ride.

Seriously...Welcome. There is a lot of useful info here and lots of great people who have helped my sorry A$$ many times.

·
GO KINGS GO
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I have so far...

2001 Yamaha R1 Blue and white
6400 miles on this sucka.
Scott's steering damper
Mig - Hight mout exhaust. ( I didn't like the sound so I took it off)
I have purchased a vance and hines for my bike.

I usually ride with my Girl Friend (she has an R6)
we usually ride around town. Although I would like to start hitting the bike nights around the valley. (anyone know of some good ones in the San Fernando Valley?)

This is the only picture I have so far. Right now it's in the shop getting a tune up and adjustment ( to my specs)

Attachments

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
adwises:
1. Never go to ride "the look out" on 74 (near Lake Elsinor)!
2. Avoide: Lear Towing (even if you are in the coma, never let then close to your bike)!
3. Avoide officer: Robert Hauoli Kwan, 19999 Promenade Cir, RIVERSIDE CA 92508, or he will have/buy your bike too.

GOOD LUCK:

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Is it just me or does that look like 2000 fairings/paint? I thought the 01's went from the mid fairing up on the tank and yamaha got away from the 3d effect dashes.

·
Premium Member
23,055 Posts
Robert Z. said:
adwises:
1. Never go to ride "the look out" on 74 (near Lake Elsinor)!
2. Avoide: Lear Towing (even if you are in the coma, never let then close to your bike)!
3. Avoide officer: Robert Hauoli Kwan, 19999 Promenade Cir, RIVERSIDE CA 92508, or he will have/buy your bike too.

GOOD LUCK:
Damn man, you still havent got your bike back?

Welcome Kingsfan!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts