Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my 07 R1 new this weekend, put GYTR pipes, flush mounts, integrated tail light and cowl. Been riding for about 10 yrs on sportbikes....

Just came off an 06 GSXR 1000, and love my new R1...here are pics of my old gixxer and new R1, which is so much fun....even though it is freezing here and I only have about 40 miles:) coming off the gixxer which is a powerful machine, I can tell you I prefer the R1...fit and finish are far ahead of suzuki, which is a great bike....The R1 is a little harder to work on, but it is put together so nicely, and pulls like a rocket

here's my old gixxer

Heres the new R1

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The R1 is getting SS brake likes front and back soon, and pazzo shorties, and probably a PUIG DB screen and rearsets powdercoated black over the next few months...I;ve actually been browsing the forum and got some tips on taking the bike apart and making a fender eliminator as well....The R1 is a great bike, I've rode them in the past, and the 07 has a much better midrange than the 06 I think...I havent redlined it yet, but I've taken it up to 11k and it is a top end animal....handles excellent so far too...I really am diggin it:jump

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice ride.... welcome.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Nice looking bikes. Are you keeping the Zook?

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I hopped on this bike i felt so comfortable riding it home...everything is well thought out on this bike...the tranny is much smoother than the gixxer, and the clutch is way better as well....the only thing the gixxer had a little more of on the 05/06 is the down low grunt(under 4500 RPM) but who the hell rides there anyway(gone on the 07/08 gixxer 1000), on top, the r1 almost bucked me off the seat when i hit it hard, i was real surprised, the 06 R1 was a little more tame(but fast as hell on top too), this one is definitely got more balls.....its fast...and the midrange is great, its no dog, trust me, i would be honest.....

I tried to replicate the lag in 2nd at 5500RPM, didn't happen so far, maybe I'm lucky because the manufacture date is 3/07..i don't know, not too worried because the bike is a rocket....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.