Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· F.I.D.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I walked into a dealership on Friday with the intentions of picking up a bike. They had one 2015 R1 sitting on the floor, a few hours later I drove it home. I have an 03 CBR600RR that I've rode for years now. So far I've put 378 miles on the R1. First impressions are amazing. Handles much better than my 600 and feels lighter even though it's a bit heavier. I'm in love.

· I eat my R1
37 Posts
You just walked into the store and got one. I ordered mine back in Jan. and I am still waiting...

I am ok with that. Weather is just getting better here and it is just a matter of one or two more weeks.

Congrats on the bike.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
You just walked into the store and got one. I ordered mine back in Jan. and I am still waiting...
i was gonna say, thats a wicked 1st post... ohh yeah i just walked in and it was sitting right there, couldnt resist :hammer:

congrats OP, gonna love the YAMMI MAMI

· Registered
1,774 Posts
Thanks guys. Break in period is almost over. Up to a little over 400 miles on her. Excited to see how she will react top end.
Oh, you neend't wait with that experience, just don't let her scream too long.
The book says "no prolonged RMP above..." only... (= no track days, no highway-speeding)
It is certainly wise to take it easy in the beginning, but a short burst wont hurt her.
Mine has seen the 13k rpm a couple times, now that I am past 300miles.

· Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
2,023 Posts
What might you have purchased if they didn't have an R1?
Yeah you were in the right place at the right time. That thing woulda been snapped up quick. You did good for your first ever Yamaha.

Welcome. :33:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.