Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pending purchase (90% sure I'll buy it) of a 1998 gixxer 600 for the track :)..tell me what you all think
Specs:

'98 GSX-R 600 w/ '99 motor. This was my racebike this season in MRA. Placed in the top 5 in points in 3 classes. Bike is clean, fast, and reliable. Clear title.

Has:
Sharkskinz upper/lower, Multi-tech superbike tail, Race-tech'd forks, 3 way Fox shock, Vortex clip-ons, EBC Pro-Lite rotors, Goodridge kevlar lines f/r, Vesrah pads up front, P-P Tunig rear-sets, Matris titanium damper, Yoshimura stator cover, K&N filter, Dyno-Jet kit, NGK iridiums, Powerbronze screen, Lightning frame sliders, Marchesini gas cap

Extras:
spare Multi-Tech upper, 2 sets of front EBC kit pads, spare set of NGK iridium plugs (new), spare clutch (used/ still good) w/ new cover gasket, 2 front sprockets (14/15), 6 rear sprockets (43, 46-50), Lockhart rear stand.
Stock stuff: tail w/ cowling, exhaust system, front rotors, seat, shock, keyed gas cap, rear-sets.

Motor has just shy of 11K on it. I had the motor refreshed early this year before the race season. Had the valves re-set, synched the carbs, new main bearings, new rod bearings, new piston rings, new clutch and plugs, new head gasket, and a detail clean of the head and chambers. The motor got torn down all the way to the crank. Had the crank, rods, and pistons inspected. I also have a braced 750 swing arm.

Attachments

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Depends on how much $$ he is asking for it.... Remember that a 98 race bike is much older than a 98 street bike... Anyway, looks pretty good over all. Sure is great to have a track bike (you can run the piss out of it w/out tearing up your baby)...

- BA

·
Suzuki girlie
6 Posts
Sweet bike (cough- of course -cough)! But no fuel injection really blows! If you ever go down on the track (imagine that), your carbs can get all outta whack (and mess up the spark plugs as well). Jus' a thought from a Suzuki enthusiast... ;)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$3300 :)

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
nice bike but if you are looking to be really competitive then you should look into something newer possibly. If you want to get out and get some good seat time and get into racing then that is a great purchase if the price is right.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing I like about this bike, is that it has a clear title for under $4k. I found some salvage 01's but they want like 5k for them...I don't think a bank would give me a loan for a salvage bike...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Damn, wish it was closer id pick it up if u didnt. Dude for that price I would say go for it all day...

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:jump

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shipping is around $300 with forward air...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts