Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine built this thing and it is incredible...take a look...i know we are all Yamaha guys but just thought I would throw this beast in here....it is a little bit of a bad pic, but I am sure you will get the drift.....The T-Rex has nothing on this.....:rock

Attachments

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
The steering on that thing would have to suck. There would have to be a whole lot of understeer. It would be fun to take to the track and run the quarter but I'd be afraid the front end would come up and when it came back down I might be pointed in the wrong direction.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
What about the turning? With such a small contact patch on the front and not being able to lean the vehicle I wouldn't think that thing would turn very well while accelerating. It would probobly do ok coasting or braking but.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, they are selling for the price of a custom chopper...around 100k....it is built cutom from scratch using aircraft grade aluminum and everything on it is custom... and polished including all engine components...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it will turn just like that gorgeous chopper in your Avatar....granted there is way more torque at rear, so it will be scary, but he built it to ride and not just look good. this guy has been working on bikes for the past 37 years....so performance wise...this thing is a monster....

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
what kind of engine does that thing have??

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm guessing by the "heartbeat of america" sticker on the side, its got a 350 under the back hatch.

I must say that POS screams 1982. I dont think its anything new.

Marcus

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of course, being that trainwreck here guessed it, it has a 350 small block under the hatch..and yes, it was not built this year....maybe about 3yrs ago, but he has a thing for indy cars and bikes, consequently why it looks as such...but of course i guess to the R1, anything takes second in looks huh..but consider, the guy who built this thing is in his fifties....

·
Pro Racer Mode - Enabled
1,106 Posts
considering he built that thing from scratch, That thing is pretty damn impresive. It would definitely turn my head if I saw it down the road. I like how the rear looks like a f1 race car.

but on the other hand, I personally would rather have a t-rex. It would even save my $60k compaired to your friends trike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if you guys know anyone who is interested in buying one, I am sure they can get it at a t-rex price...60k...if anyone know someone who wants one and has the money of course...just PM me...thanks..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts