Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 or Michelin Pilot Power 2ct

These are the tyres i am interested in at the moment. Any thoughts on them? Any other recommendations?

thanks in advance:saw:

· Registered
1,186 Posts
I've heard more good about the corsa 3's lately since all the pilot power mishaps. I'm looking to buy one of those exact same tires today or tomorrow.

I've found the corsa 3's in a 190/55/17 120/70/17 for $303 at to be fast. The 2ct I've found were a little more so I think I'm going with the corsa's. Also the last tire shoot out the corsa's rocked! Better then the power race.

· No doot aboot it eh?
1,542 Posts
I love my corsa III's and so do all my friends.

· Malum Prohibitum
1,309 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 or Michelin Pilot Power 2ct

These are the tyres i am interested in at the moment. Any thoughts on them? Any other recommendations?

thanks in advance:saw:
I'm switching to the Corsas this summer. I've run Michelin since 02 and have really noticed a drop in quality this last year. I bought one front PP and 2 Rear PP's this past season and experienced terrible cupping.

· Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,349 Posts
Carsa 3 with 190/55 rear :rock:boobies

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Sorry to kinda jack ur thread :blush but hopefully this is giving you good info too.

So far these are my choices.

1) From local cycle gear Pilot Powers R190/50 R120/79 $291 and $20 each to balance. They charge $30 each to balance if you don't buy from them.

2) Ron Ayers Corsa 3 R190/50 R120/79 $287 but I would have to pay $30 each for balancing because I can't find a cheaper place.

3) Tobefast corsa 3 R190/55 R120/79 $311 but I would have to pay $30 each for balancing because I can't find a cheaper place.

I'm thinking option 2...

· Lets Go Yankees
688 Posts
I was torn between Dunlop qualifiers and the Corsa 3's. I went with the qualifiers because they were a little cheaper. Haven't really had a chance to test them out cuse the weather here sucks but i have heard good things about the Corsa 3's.

· Registered
68 Posts
I've run the Pilot Power rears for 12k miles and same on the fronts although those have been the 2CT models for the last 8k. Great tires so far with no complaints.

I just switched to a Pilot Road 2 to try to get some more miles out of the tire and a guy I know with a Busa liked them. DO NOT GET ROAD 2's!!! They slide like no other.

I'm going with the Corsa III's next time.

Also, our local shop has awesome tire prices. He sells them on eBay too. Seller HPC395. He has old auctions where he sold the 190 Corsa III's for $270 shipped. Good luck man.

· Freedom Rydaz CEO
124 Posts
After the stock 208's I changed to Avon Viper's, they were far superior, much better grip and gave me more confidnence in all conditions. I am doing a track day in 2 weeks and will need to change my tyres after that but I really dont know what. I could just get another pair of avons but i like to try something new incase there is something even better out there. Oh, I love the differant colour tyres! I would love to get some if they go with my new colour scheme. Did you find a UK retailer? The link didnt work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.