Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool Video ... [LINKY STINKY]

"Best performance", "best handling", "best lap times" and "is ready to dominate liter class", I hope they can prove these claims when the bike is tested. :yesnod

I went to my dealer to put a deposit on one. He said they are no accepting any deposits just yet and to try again in a week or two!? That's weird. :dunno

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
No video. :eek: Just sound. :sneaky They make good claims. As
we all know 04 is going to be a very competitive year for liter bikes. Should be some interesting shoot outs this spring.

·
www.2moto.com
80 Posts
Electronic steering damper.
Honda does seem to stay ahead of the competition in technology.
Who will be the 04-liter class king? This will be an interesting year for sure.
It will be a win win for everyone depending on what you are looking for in a sport bike.
Once again the bar has been raised.
I'm still liking the new R1 but Honda never disappoints on the handling end.
I can't wait for the shootouts!

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts

·
Beer me
3,889 Posts
Skeeter said:
No video. :eek: Just sound. :sneaky They make good claims. As
we all know 04 is going to be a very competitive year for liter bikes. Should be some interesting shoot outs this spring.
You probably need to download the DIVX Codec to view it. You can get it at divx.com. But that "razor sharp" fairing makes me wanna :ugh

·
Press On
91 Posts
Electronic Steering Damper? Cool! But I wonder how reliable it is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The new 04's are all impressive. They're all too much bike for someone like me, tho... so when it comes down to it... the R1 is my pick. so much SEX appeal!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Im getting the r1 but think honda is going to be the winner.It doesnt matter though ,I buty the bike by sitting on it and whatever one feels best I buy.I tink the honda will also handle better with the unit pro-link suspension and bc is has almost a degree less of rake

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JoelD311 said:
Electronic Steering Damper? Cool! But I wonder how reliable it is.
If something fail it goes into safe mode and becomes a "regular" damper like a Scotts. Just like ABS brakes in cars, if the ABS fail you can still use the brakes.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jwcs said:
Im getting the r1 but think honda is going to be the winner.It doesnt matter though ,I buty the bike by sitting on it and whatever one feels best I buy.I tink the honda will also handle better with the unit pro-link suspension and bc is has almost a degree less of rake
Hmm, very good point about the rake and suspension. I too think that like the previous 'Blades, the 1000RR will have the sharpest handling and best brakes.

Now, why the hell won't the Honda dealers accept a deposit? A stealer turning down money is unheard of! :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts