Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so rebuilding my 13 and looks like this sensor was cleanly pulled out from connector, I noticed it’s connected to the main harness do I have to replace the whole harness or how do I reconnect this connector to the wire ? Also is it the air intake sensor?
Thank you
R1 2013
Hand Motor vehicle Finger Bicycle part Automotive lighting

Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Electrical wiring Automotive tire

·
Registered
299 Posts
That certainly looks like the air intake temperature sensor. From what I recall, you screw it into the ramair.

Those connectors are a nightmare but you can probably bring it to an electronics/wiring shop and have them open the connector and crimp it for you.

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to do it myself if possible. I just don’t know how to go about opening this connector up so I can repin it.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Venom X/O
26,540 Posts
It’s a lot easier than you think. I had to do it for my button pods and it’s scary at first but I’ll send you the video I used to learn

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok awesome ya that would be helpful! Just don’t want to break the connector

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good call Gear. I bought a whole kit from aliexpress, yers, the dreaded oriental threat , with all of the tools to pull every type of plug apart for about $30. Beats the arse off spending $7/800 odd for a new loom

·
Registered
10 Posts
2022 New 38pcs Car Terminal Removal Tool Wire Plug Connector Extractor Puller Release Pin Extractor Kit For CarPlug Repair Tool

32 Reviews111 orders

Color: 41pcs
  • 3pcs
  • 11pcs
  • 38pcs
  • 8pcs
  • 18pcs
  • 36pcs
  • 41pcs
Here's a basic one.

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it! The video was helpful. Now I just have to figure out where to find this dam connector and what size it would be!?!
Wood Road surface Hardwood Flooring Plank

Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Landscape

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,993 Posts
Looks like a 2 pin sumitomo HX 040 to me, but I could be wrong. I forget the preferred vendor, but, with the manufacturer and model, you should be able to pop that into a search box and see if that's the right one and find a supplier that fits your needs.

Good luck bud. Hope this helps.

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Legit awesome man thank you! It does look like that, Amazon my be my scource but also looks like Napa auto might have it to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts