Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
what could possibly go wrong
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On monday night channel 10 news is going to show a report that they did with the police and a councilman.

From what the councilman says in the previews it looks like he was appalled at the sportbikers were doing on the highways.

looks like they may just pass that bill ( 30 over and you loose the bike)against motorcycles now

·
Wicked Clowns NEVER Die
150 Posts
:corn so... danny what do you think about that?? where do you stand?. I haven`t had the chance to talk to you as of yet. I see your in law inforcement whats your D O S , you like sportbikes. I think its alittle overboard but, no one needs to worry about it unless thay need to go 30mph over the posted speed limit... its pretty easy to not let it happen, i`d be more afraid of the ways some officers can make it look like you where going 30mph over when you weren`t so thay can go and buy that nice bike that you worked so hard to make it look so nice for pennies on the dollor when it go`s up for auction :hammer:. to me it just looks like opening a new discount store for LEO`s and there son`s. What ya think about that? do you think that could happen?? and im not pointing you out and in no way saying that your going to act like that, i`m just asking do you think that could happen, your in law inforcement you`d know better then me if it could.
*:vanish *

·
Premium Member
23,060 Posts
The show hasn't even aired yet, and you already have them passing a bill.

Personally, I don't see why they would single out bikers that go over 30/lose the bike. Why not cars? They cause a lot more damage in high speed accidents than bikes do. For that matter, why not semi's? A semi going 30 over, again, a whole lot more canage.

I believe a bill like this would have a hard time passing. However, if it is, you can bet, it will be tested in the courts, real soon.

AK

1st post? Who are you?

Danny, wouldnt that be unconstitional to single out motorcycles doing over 30 and not cars?

·
Registered
304 Posts
1st post? Who are you?

Danny, wouldnt that be unconstitional to single out motorcycles doing over 30 and not cars?
LMAO...I was editing my post when you quoted my original one. I read Dannys post again and saw the "motorcycles now" and wanted to clarify what the law is now. I was assuming there is no law for cars like that at this time.

I had joined the forum about a month ago, but I gues it was all lost when the server shut down and I had to re-register.

AK

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,030 Posts
All you Florida hoodlums! Speeding and Endangering everyone.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
crazy. if they are going to pass somethings like this, does it apply to cars as well?

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
:corn so... danny what do you think about that?? where do you stand?. I haven`t had the chance to talk to you as of yet. I see your in law inforcement whats your D O S , you like sportbikes. I think its alittle overboard but, no one needs to worry about it unless thay need to go 30mph over the posted speed limit... its pretty easy to not let it happen, i`d be more afraid of the ways some officers can make it look like you where going 30mph over when you weren`t so thay can go and buy that nice bike that you worked so hard to make it look so nice for pennies on the dollor when it go`s up for auction :hammer:. to me it just looks like opening a new discount store for LEO`s and there son`s. What ya think about that? do you think that could happen?? and im not pointing you out and in no way saying that your going to act like that, i`m just asking do you think that could happen, your in law inforcement you`d know better then me if it could.
*:vanish *
The state senator who authored the bill has no sponsorship on the issue. It looks for now as if the bill will not pass into law. It's an old subject but , I'll indulge anyway. ABATE had a meeting with this guy and basically bailed on sportbikes when told that the law was'nt aimed at cruisers ( That's the gist of the statement and not a quote. )

The law was proposed to come at guy's streetracing , using the interstates as a track and stunters. It's harsh as hell and IMO would only be considered if the same treatment is applied to all motorvehicles. Currently the 30+ language pertains to everyone and only involves criminal cites and enhanced penalties. ( 30+ = 305.50 and mandatory court appearance , 8hr aggressive driving school and 4hr driver improvement. ) The latest I've actually seen in court have been fined 1k plus 8hr with aggresive driving school.

As far as the seizures go , this is simply putting it to paper. Technically runners place the property up for seizure by using the property to commit felony evasion. Any time something is used in the commision of a felony it is subject to seizure. That's simple use of the R.I.C.O. statutes and it's not something new, people just don't pay attention to it.

As far as the items being the cops own discount bins , :no that would never happen. I for one would'nt want to toss my retirement at age 45 down the drain over a used motorcycle. The items seized usually get auctioned by the municipality that seized it or by a private firm contracted to auction the items. All those are open to the general public. ( Go to www.policeauctions.com to see for yourself. Or closely check the sellers in Ebay, my department used ebay to sell off a gang of stuff last year. )

Personally I'm as offended by the amount of runners as I am the severity and lack of fairness in this proposed bill.

In the end , I don't cry for anyone who would subject themselves to this because even at the highest rate on the scale for speed the ticket is not worth losing ones motorcycle or his endorsement to ride for 10yrs.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry, after I posted this I forgot about it and didn't come back to it until now.

I only saw the previews for the news report and they really made it look bad for sportbikers. throughout the whole thing they would show sportbikes racing and stunting in traffic and the councilman shaking his head and saying how he didn't realize how bad it was before he went out there with the cops and it should be taken care of.

I was the one who put 2 and 2 together and said that about the bill. I was the one who assumed that the reason for taking this guy out there to show him the sportbikers was to support the proposed law. maybe I shouldn't have because I am really uninformed about the proposed law with the exception of what I read here on the forum. my bad.

and Chainsmoker, sorry but this PIG as you would call me doesn't respond to A**Holes

Anyway, did anyone see the report? I missed it.. lol

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:butt

That sucks, as if there are not crazy / performance obsessed cagers out there. I'll hold thumbs for you guys over there, luckilly here it's still undeground and not many people can afford a performance litre bike monsters like the R1 - New 18 000 $ :scared

But as I said in a previous thread "We are getting ripped in South Africa" it keeps the sport safe keeping idiots and crazy youngsters away from litre bikes

You will always have your wannabees though, parks with his 250cc next you and actually wants to give you a go :whtfu:

:fork Safe Riding :rock

:boobies Rule !!!

Boobies Rule

·
Wicked Clowns NEVER Die
150 Posts
I'm sorry, after I posted this I forgot about it and didn't come back to it until now.

and Chainsmoker, sorry but this PIG as you would call me doesn't respond to A**Holes

:scared :confused: Danny.... show me where i out right call YOU a pig....WTF? I SAID NO SUCH THING some officers are so quik to be deffensive, i actully said that im in no way pointing you out or would act like that!!. After reading your thread i had a thought about it and just wanted to know if that could happen and i see your an officer so i wanted your opinion ? . I wasn`t trying to offend you. I sould have just asked SOLIDUS he allways has an intelligent answer with the facts on the topic....instead of jumping to an accusation. (thank you once again SOLIDUS for answering my question) that was all i was looking for and i like the way you approach topics (calm and intelligent ) thats what makes and officer of law great , IMO he demonstrates the so needed ability in a police officer to be able to ANALYZE something and control it the way needed..:corn dam man *:vanish *

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

:scared :confused: Danny.... show me where i out right call YOU a pig....WTF? I SAID NO SUCH THING some officers are so quik to be deffensive, i actully said that im in no way pointing you out or would act like that!!. After reading your thread i had a thought about it and just wanted to know if that could happen and i see your an officer so i wanted your opinion ? . I wasn`t trying to offend you. I sould have just asked SOLIDUS he allways has an intelligent answer with the facts on the topic....instead of jumping to an accusation. (thank you once again SOLIDUS for answering my question) that was all i was looking for and i like the way you approach topics (calm and intelligent ) thats what makes and officer of law great , IMO he demonstrates the so needed ability in a police officer to be able to ANALYZE something and control it the way needed..:corn dam man *:vanish *
take a look at the thread with the speeder getting tazered where you refer to the police as The PIG several times.

:confused: i only watched 4 mins of that shit , he(the pig) is why pigs are getting shot at more this days thay get a badge put on them and thay think thay can do what ever thay want most of them don`t show up for the ethics trianing class and who was speeding ?? the pig was in front and like the victom said he hadn`t got passed the sign yet! pigs wake up every day thinking the whole world is going to kill them and think of them self as the choosen ones and the rest of us as " civilians " the lower class, like there so much more intelligent and that the people who aren`t leo`s should bow down to them in there presence and rise only to shake there hand and praise them for there bravery (thay need that because there mommy and daddy didn`t give them enough love ). if you watch COPS you hear them all say the same dam thing blah blah blah, My father is 30 year retired fire fighter so i have been around cops all my life iv`e heard and seen every thing striat from the pigs mouth i know how thay think and what thay think.... 7 out of 10 police men or women disgust me, sooner or later thay become what thay hate. Pig is as pig duz! i think we need things like robots or something that dosn`t have its own idea`s and personality so we don`t have to put up with assholes. Dont get me wrong, what i just wrote refers to pigs(like the one in that video) i dont hate all police officers there are same good officers that know how to deal with a situation with out violence it`s just to bad there isn`t more like that, most of them now just WANT to taze and spray with out provication, because thay can and actions speak louder then words and to me when i see a police officer act like that in that situation HE makes HIMself a PIG.:no *:vanish *

I said it there and I say it again, I would have handled the situation differently but the officer was justified in what he did. You go off because of your general dislike for cops and lack of knowledge of the law and start calling him, who I consider a brother LEO doing his job and using the tools available to him; a pig and rant on about 7 out of 10 cops disgusting you.

I have no problem having an intelligent debate with someone who has a different opinion than mine. As you can see in my thread with the homeless person, Fjorn and others have made some valid points and I have tried to explain why LEO's respond they way they do.

I am well known by the people in my area as a fair officer and not one who can be F'ed with. I do my job and the bad guys know I have no problem getting down when the time comes and the good people love what I do. There is no need to act like a prick or show off authority when it's not needed. Matter of fact I meet my riding buddies while working. I told one of them if he could do a slow stand up wheelie from here to there I wouldn't write him a ticket for something else. he did it.

Solidus.... where to start? From what I read from him I would be proud to work side by side with him.
Shortly after joining the forum and seeing some of the cop bashing going on I sent Al a PM and asked him how he did it. how could he be part of a forum that that was putting down officers and keeping his cool. He sent me back a very intelligent Solidus reply and I stayed here.
He has a way of making a rock solid point that in the end you can disagree but you can't argue with.
Al, if your reading this, Im not trying to kiss your ass but you do deserve a lot of credit.
I have never meet Al face to face ( as of yet ) that said, he could be some fruitcake (what us cops here call an baker act) that likes to rub peanutbutter and apple pie all over his body while wearing high heel go go dancer boots, a tu tu and drinking used hot dog water from a baby bottle. LOL

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
Shortly after joining the forum and seeing some of the cop bashing going on I sent Al a PM and asked him how he did it. how could he be part of a forum that that was putting down officers
There is always a lot of bashing going on on different forums. Most of which is done be ignorant ass kids that are mad because they got pulled over cutting in and out of traffic or hitting triple digits in high traffic areas. These idiots give us all a bad name..... Im thankful you decided to stick around cause its great to here the different sides of subjects......

Here is the link to the article........

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/ten_year_ban_for_pulling_a_wheelie/1969.html

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I have never meet Al face to face ( as of yet ) that said, he could be some fruitcake (what us cops here call an baker act) that likes to rub peanutbutter and apple pie all over his body while wearing high heel go go dancer boots, a tu tu and drinking used hot dog water from a baby bottle. LOL

DAMMIT!!!! They found me out:snorkel

Speaking of Baker acts, how's about goin to lunch and getting there with the usual lunch crowd gathered around the floor. Going to the bathroom to wash the hands and finding the crowd surrounding an idiot on the floor with zip ties around his neck turning blue. I had to ask myself.................."Self, why would anyone but a jackass try commiting suicide at lunch hour by zip tying their throat? " self did'nt know , but dude got a free ambulance ride and hopefully now he's wafting in pillowy dreams of zoloft and lorazopam.

·
Wicked Clowns NEVER Die
150 Posts
take a look at the thread with the speeder getting tazered where you refer to the police as The PIG several times.

:confused: i only watched 4 mins of that shit , he(the pig) is why pigs are getting shot at more this days thay get a badge put on them and thay think thay can do what ever thay want most of them don`t show up for the ethics trianing class and who was speeding ?? the pig was in front and like the victom said he hadn`t got passed the sign yet! pigs wake up every day thinking the whole world is going to kill them and think of them self as the choosen ones and the rest of us as " civilians " the lower class, like there so much more intelligent and that the people who aren`t leo`s should bow down to them in there presence and rise only to shake there hand and praise them for there bravery (thay need that because there mommy and daddy didn`t give them enough love ). if you watch COPS you hear them all say the same dam thing blah blah blah, My father is 30 year retired fire fighter so i have been around cops all my life iv`e heard and seen every thing striat from the pigs mouth i know how thay think and what thay think.... 7 out of 10 police men or women disgust me, sooner or later thay become what thay hate. Pig is as pig duz! i think we need things like robots or something that dosn`t have its own idea`s and personality so we don`t have to put up with assholes. Dont get me wrong, what i just wrote refers to pigs(like the one in that video) i dont hate all police officers there are same good officers that know how to deal with a situation with out violence it`s just to bad there isn`t more like that, most of them now just WANT to taze and spray with out provication, because thay can and actions speak louder then words and to me when i see a police officer act like that in that situation HE makes HIMself a PIG.:no *:vanish *

I said it there and I say it again, I would have handled the situation differently but the officer was justified in what he did. You go off because of your general dislike for cops and lack of knowledge of the law and start calling him, who I consider a brother LEO doing his job and using the tools available to him; a pig and rant on about 7 out of 10 cops disgusting you.

I have no problem having an intelligent debate with someone who has a different opinion than mine. As you can see in my thread with the homeless person, Fjorn and others have made some valid points and I have tried to explain why LEO's respond they way they do.

I am well known by the people in my area as a fair officer and not one who can be F'ed with. I do my job and the bad guys know I have no problem getting down when the time comes and the good people love what I do. There is no need to act like a prick or show off authority when it's not needed. Matter of fact I meet my riding buddies while working. I told one of them if he could do a slow stand up wheelie from here to there I wouldn't write him a ticket for something else. he did it.

Solidus.... where to start? From what I read from him I would be proud to work side by side with him.
Shortly after joining the forum and seeing some of the cop bashing going on I sent Al a PM and asked him how he did it. how could he be part of a forum that that was putting down officers and keeping his cool. He sent me back a very intelligent Solidus reply and I stayed here.
He has a way of making a rock solid point that in the end you can disagree but you can't argue with.
Al, if your reading this, Im not trying to kiss your ass but you do deserve a lot of credit.
OK Dan...in that thread i never mentioned YOU. I`m very upset with that officers actions right from the start he pulled over to tag him ...WHY ... eather way i think he could of at least tryed....he didn`t even try harder.....to communicate with him to make that man understand that he was being irrational and give him the time to realize his actions, it takes some time with people like that. I refered to him as a pig because thats what he did he made imself just as irrational as that man and thats not how a police officer is supposed to act, he could have been higher and professional. Now his actions have his community wondering how to feel about there law inforcement officers as a whole, so now all the officers in that department that have displayed patience and moral fairness to that community are under the gun to the % of people that do take advantage of these instances to bash the whole department at the local bar and coffie shops....its not fair to them for his actions but thats what happens iv`e seen it happen. there are officers that act like i discrided only SOLIDUS has a much better way with words then i do.....thats why i never became a police officer or a fire fighter because i knew i would do something to dishonor the department, i would be able to handle a situation like one just fine ,but when it comes to child molester and wife beaters and the sort i wouldn`t be able to control my self. I would put them in the hospital for there life or kill them, iv`e seen what thay can do for no reason and it hurts me...my father is a wreck, after 30 years of pulling dead babies out of buildings and chopping through the ice to get the bodys out, there faces are tatooed in his mind i`ve seen some of them to i was with my father, one day i went with my father to a building that thay just put out and he went there to find the body of a baby that he tryed so hard to get to but he just couldn`t get to her he had to watch her burn and scream but she was hung up on a floor board and he couldn`t reach her the floor gave out and he couldn`t get to her so when the fire was put out had to go get her i was there i watched him take the girl of the board she was stuck on and when heput her head in his hand it just fell apart ....me and my fathers unit stood there and watched my father fall to the ground and lay there crying his eyes out saying i could have if i just could of had i could have help her ..... i know how hard your jobs are and how much stress you go through day after day and get feed-up with the onslot of idiots and bullshit, but law inforcement officers and firemen alike have to remain professional. Can`t just start tasing people because your sick of there bullshit every person that gets pulled over and handed a ticket is going to say something thats never going to stop. So when i called him a pig and used those discriptive insults and my 7out of 10 was way off i should have said 2 out of 10 sorry, i was mad at HIM because i know he`s hurting his whole department and it`s not far to officers that do love there work and do it well every day, i have a life time of stories that we could shoot the shit about. my father had to many to count BBQ`S where the whole station and the police station would tell what thay did that week and i know that my father would really like SOLIDUS being there. If i offended you Danny i dont mean to SORRY maybe we can start over ?:vanish

·
Finally....
61 Posts
DAMMIT!!!! They found me out:snorkel

Speaking of Baker acts, how's about goin to lunch and getting there with the usual lunch crowd gathered around the floor. Going to the bathroom to wash the hands and finding the crowd surrounding an idiot on the floor with zip ties around his neck turning blue. I had to ask myself.................."Self, why would anyone but a jackass try commiting suicide at lunch hour by zip tying their throat? " self did'nt know , but dude got a free ambulance ride and hopefully now he's wafting in pillowy dreams of zoloft and lorazopam.
Self shoulda told you to sit your ass down to a nice lunch and let the idiot who doesn't want to live do himself in by zip tie

·
Hell has frozen over
7,654 Posts
i've been known to drive women crazy :rock....

my ex-wife was "baker acted" 2 or 3 times....

oh wait thats not the "good" crazy...

back on topic sorry guys

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
Self shoulda told you to sit your ass down to a nice lunch and let the idiot who doesn't want to live do himself in by zip tie
I hate it when they change their minds halfway in. Still , too many folks around to just stand there and besides , I got in trouble long time ago for telling a jumper " Go ahead , but it's gonna hurt real bad. " That did'nt go over too well with my Sgt.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK Dan...in that thread i never mentioned YOU. I`m very upset with that officers actions right from the start he pulled over to tag him ...WHY ... eather way i think he could of at least tryed....he didn`t even try harder.....to communicate with him to make that man understand that he was being irrational and give him the time to realize his actions, it takes some time with people like that. I refered to him as a pig because thats what he did he made imself just as irrational as that man and thats not how a police officer is supposed to act, he could have been higher and professional. Now his actions have his community wondering how to feel about there law inforcement officers as a whole, so now all the officers in that department that have displayed patience and moral fairness to that community are under the gun to the % of people that do take advantage of these instances to bash the whole department at the local bar and coffie shops....its not fair to them for his actions but thats what happens iv`e seen it happen. there are officers that act like i discrided only SOLIDUS has a much better way with words then i do.....

If i offended you Danny i dont mean to SORRY maybe we can start over ?:vanish
I don't come here to argue with anyone....I have enough stress in my life.
I have been here at the forum for years and as you can see by my post count it is relatively low for that amount of time. Usualy if I don't have something good to say I don't say anything at all.

Solidus said it best, the cop was a ticket writing prick and the driver just gave that cop an opertunity to be a prck. But the cop was withing the law. what some people are not understanding is that the law says I have to order you to do something ONE TIME. after that I may take action if you do not comply. The law does not say we have to be nice and say, pretty please with sugar on top several times and then tazer you. most cops do ask several times before they take action but that is not required.

the a**hole cops that pick on all sportbikers just because they are riding sportbikes are just that... a**holes they group together all riders in the same class because of a few that did whatever they did. when I was reading your post I got hot because you were doing the same as the cops, grouping all cops together.

enough said...

back to what started this all.. the proposed law is a joke I could never enforce it because 1. it does discriminate against bikers and 2. I don't stop bikers in the first place, there are way to many other cops for that.

smoker, if your ever down here in Miami let me know I'll buy ya a beer

and if you see a miami police car with a R1 sticker on the bumper that's me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.