Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm going to be looking for a good beginner bike this summer for $3500 or less. I was just seeing if any memebers would be able to help me out. I was thinking of a bike like the yzf-600, fzr-600, cbr-600, gsxr-600, and other 600cc bikes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the ultimate sportbike for you- a Yamaha FZR 400 90 (under 500 miles) in absolute mint condition. It was stored away since 1990 and I've recently refreshed it for sale......a real collectors piece as well as the ultimate handling race replica.......$2700

email me at [email protected]
(It's the black-grey model)

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
I have a buddy selling a Kawasaki ZR-7.
Not exactly a sport bike with fairings, but an excellent bike for learning and commuting. I'm pretty sure he wants less than 3K for it. pm me if you are interested., and i'll have him send you pics and pricing.

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just meant that if anyone has any good beginner bikes besides the one posted to let me know. I just want to keep my options open. Shopping around before I actually make a purchase.

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts

The CycleTrader scams are getting ridiculous...
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/2/66236962.htm

"DESCRIPTION
2001 2321194 YZF-R1,, 2001 2321194 YZF-R1,, 2001 YAMAHA YZF-R1,, Excellent condition, Ohlins Steering damper, Over Carbon Muffler, Over footpegs, Promecha suspension mods, Elibach springs, new tyres, 12 months reg. I accept for payment WesternUnion. "

located in "Roma, Italy"

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Please don't count out the ultimate beginner bike ( Especially if you plan to do track days ) SV650!!!! For for 500 or so more you can get a really nice one and be a track pimp.

Just checked the trader and for 3500 you're in the game for a 01' thru 03' if you know how to work a deal. It's an excellent riding bike with great track potential.

·
Full-Time Time Waster
3,813 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
I have the ultimate sportbike for you- a Yamaha FZR 400 90 (under 500 miles) in absolute mint condition. It was stored away since 1990 and I've recently refreshed it for sale......a real collectors piece as well as the ultimate handling race replica.......$2700

email me at [email protected]
(It's the black-grey model)

Man, if I had that extra cash on hand I'd buy it from you today. :( Could you post a pic or two of it anyway? :)

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
R1 for a first bike!! HAHA:p Actually, ZRider has a 250 Ninja that I'm looking at. He seems like a good guy and plus he lives at most 4 hours away. He's gonna hook me up and hopefully I'll be riding before summer ends:riding !! Wish me luck!!

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
blue_wrx2003 said:
R1 for a first bike!! HAHA:p Actually, ZRider has a 250 Ninja that I'm looking at. He seems like a good guy and plus he lives at most 4 hours away. He's gonna hook me up and hopefully I'll be riding before summer ends:riding !! Wish me luck!!
Way to go!
Hopefully everything works out for ya!

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man, I might open a new thread on people's opionions on the Ninja. Any comments on the 250 Budha? I hope I'm picking the right bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
blue_wrx2003 said:
...my first bike was, and still is, an R1....and i'm still alive!! if you find one for a good deal like i did - get one, cuz with whatever else you get, you'll always just want an R1 instead... :finger

·
Professional retired guy
2,187 Posts
The 250 is an excellent choice for a begginer's bike, hell, it's still fun to ride even after you get used to bigger bikes.

·
shoots! scores!!
1,217 Posts
my sister is looking to sell her 98 YZF 600R for around $3500. 9-10k miles. great shape.

message me if interested and i'll give you her contact info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts