Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I hate this time of year, wet and cold,with leaves all over. Once and a while you get that old ball day of sunshine and good temps., but it"s usually not on the weekend:( .
The end is near for the end of the riding season in this neck of the woods, I"ll be saving for Ohlins rear shock and fork re-valve/rebuild................and of course track days for 06":p

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
I know the feeling. It's getting down there here in Minnesota.

I'll still get out once in awhile. I make it a point to at least ride 1 or 2 times each month of the winter.

That, along with a trip or two out of state.:thumbup

·
No EXUP!
676 Posts
yeah...started snowing tonight here in WV.... hope i get a few more rides before the ONE moves into my bedroom for the winter (no garage here...she lives on my covered deck haha

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Yeah, snow is just around the corner here too. Im gonna have to pack up the bike for the winter.

Oh, wait a minute, I live in Florida, hahaha. What winter? Snow, that the reason i left Boston, is so i didnt have to shovel that white crap anymore.

Sorry guys, just had to be the first to gloat. Im sure there will be a week or two that I cant ride............

·
flipper
1,278 Posts
hockeyfan5180 said:
Yeah, snow is just around the corner here too. Im gonna have to pack up the bike for the winter.

Oh, wait a minute, I live in Florida, hahaha. What winter? Snow, that the reason i left Boston, is so i didnt have to shovel that white crap anymore.

Sorry guys, just had to be the first to gloat. Im sure there will be a week or two that I cant ride............
Yeah same for me. I moved to the South of France and whilst it does get colder here and can sometimes snow for the odd day in winter. I've changed my tyres to pilot power for quicker warm up the roads are twisty as hell with great grip and today it's sunny and in the mid 70's. Where I live is 8 miles north of Cannes and very similar climate and terrain to Southern California. :yesnod

·
Registered
108 Posts
hockeyfan5180 said:
Im sure there will be a week or two that I cant ride............
:finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
That's why I couldn't live any further north than here in central Va. It's does get cold here but we don't get a lot of snow unlike the areas up north. I just put on extra clothes and keep on riding through the winter.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
XFACTOR said:
:( I hate this time of year, wet and cold,with leaves all over. Once and a while you get that old ball day of sunshine and good temps., but it"s usually not on the weekend:( .
The end is near for the end of the riding season in this neck of the woods, I"ll be saving for Ohlins rear shock and fork re-valve/rebuild................and of course track days for 06":p
The time to move is at hand...

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can"t talk the wife into moving...........I could get a new job without a problem; but she just recently started a new insurance business that is successful, don"t want to mess that up :no

·
Sliver beast
2020 R1
642 Posts
Here in philly it's getting a bit chilly. I have one more trackday @ VIR on the 14th of next month I hope the weather is aight that day. Than the 1 will probably be put up for the season.....

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
99bluR1 said:
Just went for a ride here in Fargo ND tonight. Pretty chilly at 45 degrees, but the bike runs pretty awesome at that temp.
Damn! Fargo, ND. I hear that place gets insane cold in the winter months................no bike then, but I bet you got a sled........(snowmobile)

·
My R1 has huge balls.
14 Posts
Yeah it definitely gets hella-cold here in the winter. I remember a day last winter or maybe the one before when the high was 17 below. I dont have a sled, but thats just cuz i'm a poor college student. Graduating in May, hopefully getting a full time job and a lot more toys.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is pure torture!!! LIving on the east coast and putting the bike away for a long sleep, and then having to travel to California once a month...and watching all the bikes flying past you on the 405!!! Now thats just pure torture....:boom

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Timeless R1 said:
This is pure torture!!! LIving on the east coast and putting the bike away for a long sleep, and then having to travel to California once a month...and watching all the bikes flying past you on the 405!!! Now thats just pure torture....:boom
That mainly is for the Northeast section because from Va on further south we can almost ride all year round.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts