Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey R1 squad! I have a 2007 Yamaha R1. I've been experiencing the following issue:

" No acceleration/throttle response after 2000 RPMs while in gear"

I checked the forums however didn't get a clear answer.

To rectify it, I tried troubleshooting doing the following:

1. Removed PC5
2. Cleaned kickstand sensor
3. Replaced spark-plugs
4. Ordered OEM clutch kit

I'm clueless in on the issue. I thought it might be the throttle cable, however it's good. Think it's the clutch, however I'll await your feedback.

Thanks again!

Here's a video showcasing problem I'm experiencing(Copy and Paste)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey R1 squad! I have a 2007 Yamaha R1. I've been experiencing the following issue:

" No acceleration/throttle response after 2000 RPMs while in gear"

I checked the forums however didn't get a clear answer.

To rectify it, I tried troubleshooting doing the following:

1. Removed PC5
2. Cleaned kickstand sensor
3. Replaced spark-plugs
4. Ordered OEM clutch kit

I'm clueless in on the issue. I thought it might be the throttle cable, however it's good. Think it's the clutch, however I'll await your feedback.

Thanks again!

Here's a video showcasing problem I'm experiencing(Copy and Paste)

Have you check diagnostics mode to see what your tps and aps sensors are doing as far as range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
It’s reving but not going forward? That’s the clutch. Smell the oil fill cap I’ll be willing to bet it stinks of burnt fibers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey Guys sorry for the delay, been busy with work. It's the clutch as expected. Clutch plates were melted on each other. Friction plates were stuck on them. I had to use a flat head and chisel my way through all the way to the end. It took forever as it was melted/burnt with each other.

I bought the bike used 3 months ago, only put 200 miles on it.

I'll post a video soon. Now I have a bigger issue. LOL, I'm not sure if I stalled plates currently(It was an OEM clutch) and having hell aligning clutch cover with bolt for final install. In addition I have 3 extra friction plates and one softer plate.

I stalled smallest plate first then alternate with friction plates. I'm not sure if Installed last plates correctly? What should last plates be as part of finally assembly?

How does one know order of plates? More videos I watched the more I noticed in comments sections, that people were saying even in those videos they were installed wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts