Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,692 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the dot though. Here's my report with two pictures (didn't pull out the harley though).

2021 KTM SMC 690 R
Stock tires are Bridgestone Battlax S21. Both have dots and the front is off by 2" and rear around 6". This thing's from Australia so you'd think they'd be spot on if it was critical.

View attachment 1020941

2017 R1S
Replacement tires are Bridgestone Battlax S21 (on both bikes the tires say "S21R", anyone know what the "R" means?). Both front and rear have the dot and they are perfectly aligned with the valve stem. Kudos to the shop that did my mounting and balance.
View attachment 1020942
Time to clean my R1 rims again.

XL1200N - The rear Dunlop was purchased/mounted by a local shop and the dot is at the valve stem. The front tire is a Michelin and I couldn't find a dot on it.
Michelin quit running a dot. Their tires are less than one gram from uniform so they decided they no longer needed to apply the dot. Same with continental. Dunlop has the same uniformity but still runs a dot as do some others.

Is it absolutely critical? Probably not. Do I have some OCD that makes it bother me? Likely.

they balanced with the tyre and brake discs on it. Sorry for the question but, is there a way to balance all three parts separately?
You could check the balance on the rotors if you made a jig. It's probably just better to balance everything as an assembly. Checking each part individually, while possible, seems unnecessary.

·
Registered
R1 08
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I hope this will increase my visibility at night with 6000k Xenons.

I am getting 5000k Xenons this week and I will see the if it is more visible.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Flash photography Tints and shades

·
Registered
R1 08
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Done some mods today on my bike.

BMC Airfilter + locktight funnel screws
Missing trim parts/screws
New air box screws
Getting my winter jacket prepped
Fuel line replaced preventative.

·
Registered
R1 08
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
So I tried today with some low model motorcycle boots and the height issue with my feet are sorted.

These were a little higher so at the traffic light I am not standing on my toes anymore.

Reinstalled OEM tank cap back with OEM screws from the dealer.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts