Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· R1-014 Dragon Squadron #200
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Sacramento, figured i'd try and get a thread together for spring and maybe depending on the response setup a meet, we may not have deals gap but there's always the foothills :hammer:

anyone out there?

2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Vallejo. Hit me up sometime.

Awesome well someone is out there atleast :), do you ride with anyone in the area regularly?

· Lost time is never found again
2 Posts
Awesome well someone is out there atleast :), do you ride with anyone in the area regularly?
Nothing regular right now, weather being what it is. There has been a lot of "talk" of rides to come from some folks I work with but nothing yet:stpd:. I ride every chance I get when its not raining. Just got my R1 in September, and it doesn't feel right just lettin it sit.:D

2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing regular right now, weather being what it is. There has been a lot of "talk" of rides to come from some folks I work with but nothing yet:stpd:. I ride every chance I get when its not raining. Just got my R1 in September, and it doesn't feel right just lettin it sit.:D
Exactly how i feel, it may still be hella cold but any day i've seen sun my R1 has been out and about enjoying it :)

· Pirate Brian
2,642 Posts
Exactly how i feel, it may still be hella cold but any day i've seen sun my R1 has been out and about enjoying it :)

Yea Im in, we can always head up to HWY162 near Chico. THat road is always amazing during the summer

· faster!
87 Posts
Well as of next week sometime I am moving from So Cal to Nor Cal... Rancho Cordova/Folsom area to be exact... I hear you guys saying you go out and ride when the sunny skies hit. I am gonna have to get used to that being spoiled down here getting to ride pretty much any day I want... oh well I like So Cal but time for a change... hope to ride with you guys some time

· Pirate Brian
2,642 Posts
Well as of next week sometime I am moving from So Cal to Nor Cal... Rancho Cordova/Folsom area to be exact... I hear you guys saying you go out and ride when the sunny skies hit. I am gonna have to get used to that being spoiled down here getting to ride pretty much any day I want... oh well I like So Cal but time for a change... hope to ride with you guys some time

I like that area. its not that bad rain wise here. Just a few months then its all sun for 8-9 months. Let me know if you go ride!

· faster!
87 Posts
Yea definately ill post up... I like to ride whenever I can even if its just to cruise around for a half hour... I rode from So Cal through San Fran to Sacramento to Tahoe a couple months back so Im looking forward to taking some day trips to San Fran and Tahoe when I get up there...

· Pirate Brian
2,642 Posts
Hopefully it doesnt rain this week, Im going back to Sac for the day, lets ride! I should have at least 15-20 of my guys riding.

Man Im taking my bike in to get worked on! Where are you guys riding?

· Pirate Brian
2,642 Posts
Looks like thunder storms Sat. I would be down but headin up to Chico to pick the bike up from the shop! Stay dry guys!

· faster!
87 Posts
Well I didn't get to ride with anyone from the forums, last spring... But I did do a lot of riding... It seemed like a lot more (responsible) people ride up here, compared to where I come from in southern California. A lot of idiots with no gear down there, no offense to anyone. And there was some nice roads to ride on... hell I enjoyed riding to work everyday on Auburn/Folsom road. Unfortunately, I wrecked my R1 so no riding for me lately. I parted it out and sold it away. Thinking of getting more of a cruiser type for my next bike. I like the Victory Vegas a lot. As for the wreck, it wasn't too bad... in mid-turn I went over a slick spot (recent accident???) and slid out at about 50mph... I slid awhile but besides a small bruise I was OK. Gear held up perfectly, except for the palm of one of my A-stars gloves ripped causing a very tiny scrape haha. I had front and back sliders and they did a great job, until side railing came into the picture. I now frequent between NorCal and SoCal... So as soon as the weather clears up and I get the itch to get another ride, whether it be cruiser or sportbike, I hope to ride with all of you soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.