Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Faster than sh*t!!!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 has 3500 miles and I am thinking about getting NOS but I haev never used it before. My bike is stock in the engine area but I am thinking of doing a Jet Kit, Power commander, and Ram Air.

Do I have to do those things first before the NOS or can I do it now?

Will the NOS hurt my engine and decrease the everyday rideability of my bike?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do.. If you are into drag racing then go for it.. If you are in to track days and normal street riding then save your money for your law school books..( I am student too) .. Your bike is pretty sweet so I would say no... Spidy knows a lot about NOS on bikes so maybe he can give some insight for applications and uses for NOS . I have never had any experience with it... I would like to ride a bike with NOS just to try it..:)

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
Oh dont worry about that "jet-kit" u dont need it ;) Trust us. That nos, nah dont worry about it right now either. Save your money for when the new bikes come out in 2006. sell your 03 and get the new ones putting down the same HP as your 03 would with the NOS.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
N2O is the abbreviation for nitrous oxide. Learn it. Use it.

NOS stands for NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS--a Holley brand. There are other N2O kit manufacturers out there--ZEX, Venom and Nitrous Express to name a few.

N2O. Use it and you'll sound like you actually know something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don't know about the whole "NOS" thing. I wouldn't use it unless you are going to drag race, other than that I say don't do it, but just for your information, please don't go into a shop and say you need a Power Commander and a Jet Kit. You will get laughed at. A Jet Kit is for a carburated(sp) bike and the PC is for YOUR Fuel Injected bike. Just trying to look out for you Bro and give you a little more knowledge.:thumbup

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
MACH1SMO said:
N2O is the abbreviation for nitrous oxide. Learn it. Use it.

NOS stands for NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS--a Holley brand. There are other N2O kit manufacturers out there--ZEX, Venom and Nitrous Express to name a few.

N2O. Use it and you'll sound like you actually know something.
I do know whats up, and so does probably 75% of the members on this forum so stop bustin our balls. He said NOS, maybe hes getting that brand, maybe hes not, but im pretty sure that if he cuts his finger while installing it, hes guna put on a BAND-AID, not an ADHESIVE BANDAGE. But hey, he might not have a band-aid brand adhesive bandage.

·
Bigger is Better
924 Posts
I had it on my 99 for 4 yrs with no problems. I sold the 99 for the 04 and getting ready to put the NOS on this one. If its installed and tuned for the NOS you will not have any problems. The bike has to be tuned for the NOS. I prefer the wet kit. You see less detenation with the wet due to the nozzles spraying gas and nos. With dry you only spraying nos.
Dennis

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looneybomber said:
I do know whats up, and so does probably 75% of the members on this forum so stop bustin our balls. He said NOS, maybe hes getting that brand, maybe hes not, but im pretty sure that if he cuts his finger while installing it, hes guna put on a BAND-AID, not an ADHESIVE BANDAGE. But hey, he might not have a band-aid brand adhesive bandage.
:iamwithst
And when I blow my nose I use a kleenex. It is just a word that people use. When you say NOS people know what you mean even if you are getting the zex kit. Same thing with band aid and kleenex.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
Looneybomber said:
Whatever, dude. I've been a "gearhead" for almost twenty years. All the guys that I've learned from and all the other guys I've grown up with refer to cars and bikes that are on the bottle as either that--"being on the bottle"--or as having nitrous, not "nahs". It's typically the younger chuckleheads that refer to nitrous as NOS. You never hear an older guy doing that. :fact

I guess I'm just old school and have lost touch with the younger generation. :dunno

·
Super Squidly
338 Posts
Looneybomber said:
OH SNAP!
:iamwithst :corn

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
mgraham224 said:
OH SNAP!
:iamwithst :corn
Oh, I didnt mean for that to sound like a jack-ass comment. I was just in a bad mood (focking women:mad: :cryin) Hope u didnt take offence Mach1smo. I too normally use n2o, though ive heard people say "on the bottle" or "sprayed". Oh well, lets have a :beer and bitch about :boobies

·
WHO STOLE MY DAM BIKE
500 Posts
no offence but if your putting a jet kit on an 03 no N2O for you

·
Super Squidly
338 Posts
Looneybomber said:
Oh, I didnt mean for that to sound like a jack-ass comment. I was just in a bad mood (focking women:mad: :cryin) Hope u didnt take offence Mach1smo. I too normally use n2o, though ive heard people say "on the bottle" or "sprayed". Oh well, lets have a :beer and bitch about :boobies
I didn't think it was confrontational either, just a valid point. I too have been down the road of only saying nitrous or N20, but have found I get my point across to more people if I say NOS.
:beer
Women mostly suck, except for mine, I'll ask her if she has a sister for you Loony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts