Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Venom X/O
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, you can buy a set of Continental Tires and get a Jennings GP track day for $75.00. Super deal, gonna be fun, lot of people there. A bbq cookout, some giveaways, and contests. I鈥檒l be there for the day.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Registered
'08 r1
Bbq, tires and a track day? That's friggin' sweet!

It's cutting it close, but, if I can get all my parts installed and get the bike back up and running in time, I might turn up there, like a bad penny or whatever.

Administrator
Why the heck does it have to be 15+ hours away!!! Come on... have something like this at Mid-Ohio! Damn you, damn you all!

Astronomer not Astrologer
Why the heck does it have to be 15+ hours away!!! Come on... have something like this at Mid-Ohio! Damn you, damn you all!
Yet I never see you at Pitt Race......I was there last weekend.....And yes, Pitt is way better than Mid-O.

Registered
Yet I never see you at Pitt Race......I was there last weekend.....And yes, Pitt is way better than Mid-O.
We鈥檒l have to get something going there next season.

Does Pitt Race allow camping at the infield or whatever? Bring your own generator type deal?

Yep. No infield at Pitt so to speak, but they have a nice paddock. It is a wold class facility.

Pick an n2td.org weekend and let's make it happen. They get sold out so folks need to register early ish.

Registered
Yep. No infield at Pitt so to speak, but they have a nice paddock. It is a wold class facility.

Pick an n2td.org weekend and let's make it happen. They get sold out so folks need to register early ish.
I mean is it a place I can bring my toy hauler camper, generator, and the whole setup on Friday night to be set up for the weekend?

That鈥檚 the only way I can do a track day I鈥檝e discovered. Good nights sleep, almost all set up for everything that starts early on Saturday morning. Sounds like it is, just want to know all the details.

I like to show up on Friday night. Get everything set up and staged. Generator going for A/C. Good nights sleep. So I just have to wake up to coffee and a relaxed morning of tech/registration/riders meeting with no stress in the morning.

That's how I do it:fact

They just have limited rv power points. Most run quiet gennys who don't get an rv power point. The rv power posts usually sold out at the beginning season for the whole season.

Also I haven't been to a track except Putnam that doesn't allow camping.

The huge paddock area is circled. It's over 8 acres.

The whole area is ideally filled with trailers and toy haulers. I am always amazed by how much money shows up at a track day. Ha!

The track is awesome 2.8 mi and 19 turns (or in my case 19 opportunities to miss an apex ha!), and it has a TON of elevation change and technical and scary fast stuff. The whole package.

Apparently, I don't have any A group footage of me lately there. Here is some of me poking around in I group from a few years ago.
Wow....just watching this.....I know why I am like 5 seconds faster now......ha!

Reactions: 1202067

Registered
I mean is it a place I can bring my toy hauler camper, generator, and the whole setup on Friday night to be set up for the weekend?

That鈥檚 the only way I can do a track day I鈥檝e discovered. Good nights sleep, almost all set up for everything that starts early on Saturday morning. Sounds like it is, just want to know all the details.

I like to show up on Friday night. Get everything set up and staged. Generator going for A/C. Good nights sleep. So I just have to wake up to coffee and a relaxed morning of tech/registration/riders meeting with no stress in the morning.
Seems like with all that traveling comfort you might be able to make it to Jennings 馃槉 Stop at a rest area, catch a nap in the glamper, you鈥檒l be in NE Florida in no time!!
Seriously, though, I鈥檓 in for a Midwest Forum track weekend anytime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts