Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It wasn't an easy choice to pick the next BOTM because there are so many great bikes here, but I also wanted to add something to the challenge over and above the bikes. So what I took into consideration was the builder and his passion for the sport and fellow riders.

Alot of you guys know Kevin from the convention and from being a long time member here, but what some of you may not know is the man himself. Kevin has been an integral part of the Detroit Sportbike scene, and his knowledge, and willingness to help out his fellow rider is what sets him apart.

Congratulations Kevin :thumbup

and now the bike-

2006 Yamaha R1
Braced Swingarm
Ohlins
R&T Forks with Superbike Internals
Shock with Superbike valving
AP Racing
Billet Front Calipers
Front Rotors
GP spec Variable Bore M/C
Galfer Rear Wave Rotor
Spiegler Stainless Brake Lines
CRG
GP Clutch Lever
Hindsight LS Bar End Mirror
Graves Motorsports
Rear Sets GP Shift
Full Ti Exhaust
Velocity Stacks
AIS Plates
Engine Covers
Bar Ends
Bar End Mirror Adapter
Frame Sliders
Clip Ons
Fairing stay
Cleggs Innovations Angel Eyes
Greggs Customs
Fender Eliminator
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Mirror Covers
Billet Sprocket Cover
Mcarbon Carbon Fiber
Wind Screen
Front Fender
Tank Guards
GYTR Carbon Fiber
Fairing Ring Inserts
Hugger
Chain Guard
Power Commander PCIII USB
Vortex Gas Cap
Cox Racing Group Radiator Guard
BMC Race Air Filter
Driven 520 Sprockets
D.I.D. ERV3 520 Chain

Attachments

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,679 Posts
Congratulations KWComp another amazing machine. :rock
Good choice Ron although you are just pointing me further towards bankruptcy.
I think we need the poor man's BOTM :thumbup :lol

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
:blush Wow!! Thank you guys, I am humbled. I have watched for YEARS, since 2002 when I joined R1F, all the awesome bikes that have come out of this forum. With that much awesome machinery around here I never really thought mine would be one to "make the cut" so to speak......I guess thats why they are "never done". :lol

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
That bike looks awesome in person!!!! Pics to. Congrats Kevin!!!

·
Track Junkie
4,769 Posts
Awesome bike...Congrats Kevin!!

·
Racer - WERA Expert # 125
711 Posts
Nice bike! Just curious, but what is the added benefit of the braced swingarm and carbon windshield. Seems like that adds weight to a swingarm that is already plenty strong and you can't see through the windscreen...

·
yield
17,823 Posts
Obviously well deserved...

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Thank you guys...it REALLY does mean a lot.

Nice bike! Just curious, but what is the added benefit of the braced swingarm and carbon windshield. Seems like that adds weight to a swingarm that is already plenty strong and you can't see through the windscreen...
The braced swingarm is actually stiffer....but you are correct...it did add weight. As I had said in my write up on the build..I had ultimately wanted a Harris or Fab Tech swingarm but just could not justify the cost of one so I did the next best thing. So, Yes, it is mostly for the "look" - same with the windscreen...I obvioulsy dont ride the track with the street body work on and there is never much need to get into a full 'tuck' on the street which is the only way you will ever be Looking through the windscreen of an R1.

·
Racer - WERA Expert # 125
711 Posts
kwcomp, like the avatar - good old Telly. Anyway, thanks for details on your swingarm mod etc. I love those Harris swingarms too but I also think 5k is crazy for some extra bracing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts