Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of respects... doesn't blame on anyone else like Biatchi or Giberhoe... :bash

Kiyonari backwards after bad decisions.

FRIDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2005

Some bad decisions saw BSB runner-up Ryuichi Kiyonari fail to build on an impressive 12th fastest time on his MotoGP comeback in this morning's first free practice, the Japanese slipping instead to 17th after failing to improve in the second session.

"My position today doesn't reflect my potential, nor the team's nor the bike's too - and I'm the only rider who didn't improve on the time set in the morning session," stated Kiyonari, who is making a one-off MotoGP comeback with Camel Honda this weekend, after leaving the series for BSB at the end of 2003.

"It's my fault because I still haven't rediscovered the technical sensitivity that's required in MotoGP and I chose some changes to the set-up which ultimately worsened the bike rather than improved it," he confessed. "We have checked the data with the team and tomorrow morning will go back and try several more solutions. I'm sure we can do better than this because this morning I felt very good with the RC211V."

"Ryuichi got away well this morning, but in the afternoon instead of making steps forward as we expected, he found out that the changes they made weren't giving the required results," confirmed team principal Sito Pons. "Nevertheless the technical briefing he had with the team has helped decide which way they will go tomorrow. I think he can massively improve on today."

Meanwhile, things went smoother on the other side of the Pons garage, with veteran Alex Barros setting the sixth fastest time – 0.5secs from pace setter Marco Melandri.

"This is a short track and it's not too quick either, so it doesn't need a great deal of power, especially in the first three gears. This morning we focused on the electronics to cut a bit of power out of the lower gears and avoid the bike rearing up," revealed Alex, who is one of a number of riders yet to announce where he'll be in 2006.

"The grip from the asphalt improved during the morning hour, but then in the afternoon it didn't change too much and after trying lots of rear tyres, I still couldn't find the most suitable one. Tomorrow we will work on this and on the rear shock too. In general though I'm happy with this first day of practice," he concluded.

Kiyonari, Valencia MotoGP, 2005

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like the guy. He obviously goes good in BSB. I am curious about the QP tomorrow and what his position on the grid will be. I don't see him back on a RC soon though, I think he had a shot at it and now it will take some time and some championships (BSB, WSBK...)to get back in Motogp. Who knows he is Japanese and that's an advantage without doubt in Honda's eyes.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rasengan said:
I like the guy. He obviously goes good in BSB. I am curious about the QP tomorrow and what his position on the grid will be. I don't see him back on a RC soon though, I think he had a shot at it and now it will take some time and some championships (BSB, WSBK...)to get back in Motogp. Who knows he is Japanese and that's an advantage without doubt in Honda's eyes.
Maybe he will Biaggi's spot in 2007 since rumors are saying Honda is now upset with Biaggi and shutting the door on him...

:corn

·
Registered
146 Posts
yeah I heard the latest rumor about Biaggi. I don't know if that's true or not though. If they do kick him out then I will be disapointed for Vermullen as he might have been the first in line. Would make for an interesting off season for Biaggi and his manager...lol. Let's see who's got an open spot in motogp at the moment for the next season..? I guess Yamaha....still don't know if Casey is coming to gps (Max and Vale on the same Yamaha lol....ok I don't see this happening), .....hum ok I don't know who else has an open spot, Dantin?, ....alright WSBK it is for Biaggi, in the same team with Abe, Yamaha France Ex Gp Superstars....

·
the lesser of 2 weavels
3,728 Posts
if i'm not mistaken & i normally am, isn't kiyo closer to pole than either shakey or vermin got:dunno i do think he is a class act, & as a HRC contracted rider i think we will see far more of him in the future, wether that be wsb or motogp is up to HRC:fact

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rasengan said:
yeah I heard the latest rumor about Biaggi. I don't know if that's true or not though. If they do kick him out then I will be disapointed for Vermullen as he might have been the first in line. Would make for an interesting off season for Biaggi and his manager...lol. Let's see who's got an open spot in motogp at the moment for the next season..? I guess Yamaha....still don't know if Casey is coming to gps (Max and Vale on the same Yamaha lol....ok I don't see this happening), .....hum ok I don't know who else has an open spot, Dantin?, ....alright WSBK it is for Biaggi, in the same team with Abe, Yamaha France Ex Gp Superstars....
I think there is no way that Biaggi will accept to ride in WSB... I think he would rather ride with WCM or Team KR... :bash

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tilbury007 said:
if i'm not mistaken & i normally am, isn't kiyo closer to pole than either shakey or vermin got:dunno i do think he is a class act, & as a HRC contracted rider i think we will see far more of him in the future, wether that be wsb or motogp is up to HRC:fact
Actually... you're right... Kiyonari is closer to the pole than they were... gonna be interesting race... if he beat Biaggi this weekend, I think Biaggi will quit racing forever... lol :bash

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes, but Kyo does have prior experience with the RC as opposed to the other two.

if i'm not mistaken & i normally am, isn't kiyo closer to pole than either shakey or vermin got:dunno i do think he is a class act, & as a HRC contracted rider i think we will see far more of him in the future, wether that be wsb or motogp is up to HRC:fact [/QUOTE]

·
L'GO MY EGGO
2016 Victory Magnum, 2015 KTM 1290 SA
3,050 Posts
Valerossi said:
Actually... you're right... Kiyonari is closer to the pole than they were... gonna be interesting race... if he beat Biaggi this weekend, I think Biaggi will quit racing forever... lol :bash
I hope your right

·
yield
17,823 Posts
Biaggis shot himself in the foot... It seems he might not have a ride for next season. Chooch

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
Biaggi was supposed to go to Camel Honda next season.....But as the press say he has upset Honda because he always has an excuse for a bad ride and it seems Honda cannot get him to test when they want and he always blames the bike!!
Camel have been told they cannot have him as a rider for next season but Ultimately Camel lease the bikes and have last say..... We will see but the ride could go to Shakey if he does not go to D'antin Ducati next year with Ellison! We shall see over the next week to 10 days !!!

Biaggi will have a problem for next year... I think he will get a ride but it may not be a competitive one !!!

·
Faster...
719 Posts
I think that Biaggi is a good rider, but clearly whines too much and is not as fast as Rossi or even Melandri. After saying that Barros didn't do enough when riding the Repsol Honda team he can't do better. Instead of complaining about the team , the bike, he should be working harder to improve the bike.Rossi turned the M1 into a winning machine, with help from his team that he took to Yamaha.In 2003 the M1 was sh!t.
Now it's Sete who started complaining about Honda too, after he knew he would ride for Ducati in 2006...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts