Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys think it would be stupid to put number plates on a bike that doesnt actually race?
trackdays yes, but not sanctioned race events.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
WTF? Why would you want to?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
It's ok if its on a Ducati.:fact

·
37,587 Posts
idk? people put decals on their bikes but they arent sponsored...

IMO, there's a difference between product decals and number plates. It's your bike, do as you please. But, don't get pissed, offended, upset or whatever when others make fun of the "poser".

Everyone wants to be a superstar. No one wants to put in the time to become one.

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
There are guys with M1 and RCV replicas riding around all day long. Some even look damn nice.
If you keep it tasteful, which I'm sure you will seeing as its your bike, you shouldn't need to worry about what anyone thinks.

(Just make sure you can ride, cause it might be a bit embarrassing if you get thrashed by a gixxer 600 or something ;P )

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
There are guys with M1 and RCV replicas riding around all day long. Some even look damn nice.
If you keep it tasteful, which I'm sure you will seeing as its your bike, you shouldn't need to worry about what anyone thinks.

(Just make sure you can ride, cause it might be a bit embarrassing if you get thrashed by a gixxer 600 or something ;P )

then you'll see threads on squid.com, hmmm...gixxer.com about how they raced and won against a pro racer on a Yamaha.
.........................................................................................................................................................^with the pro racer mode on

·
37,587 Posts
i disagree, while i do wish i was better, trackdays are a hell of a lot of fun learning to get better
My statement is solely about the number plates being placed on a non racing bike. If he was really concerned about becoming better rider, number plates would be the last of his worries. Instead, he'd be asking something like what suspension settings does he need, what tires should he run, what gear will he need.

Now, that being said, I will say that some trackday organizations will give you numbers to put on your bike. But, they are issued, unless you already have some and are a sanctioned racer.

·
37,587 Posts

me on my old zx6r @ Road America before i bought the R1.

i dont do just street riding....
Why not then just become a racer and get numbers that actually mean something? Most times, you'd get more track time, and it's usually a little better priced than a single track day.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
Why not then just become a racer and get numbers that actually mean something? Most times, you'd get more track time, and it's usually a little better priced than a single track day.

Are you saying it's cheaper to get your license and race than to do a track day?
I was told by someone here that raced WERA that you had to pay entry fee for every race you entered throughout the entire weekend.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.