Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, firstly I'm riding a 2009 R1. Last night I was cruising at 120mph for a 100miles and at the last stretch of road I accelerated up to 140mph for about 8 secs when my reserve light came out. Roughly 10 secs later, the engine trouble warning light came on and I stopped at the next gas station to check. It shows error code 24 which I realize its the o2 sensor after I found this thread. This is the first time I'm seeing this error code.

Should I follow Darkknight0069 to reset the code, or should I follow b1crnt73 to hook and unhook the o2 sensor(I dont know whether its hooked or unhooked now, just got bike for couple of months)? Please advise guys. Help greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you know if you have the 02 sensor hooked on the bike still ?? What modes you have on the bike (pcV,exhaust..etc..), if you dont have the 02 sensor hooked on the anymore and you have full system exhaust with pcV ..I would say follow the same steps I did to clear the code and you will be good to go,I had the same problem a week ago I just clear the code and everything is perfect.
NOW if you still have the o2 sensor on the bike then maybe you to some extra reaserch :fact
Not sure whether I still have the o2 sensor hooked on still, gotta check with my mechanic first thing in the morning tomorrow. Currently my bike is pretty stock, only non stock item is a arrow slip on and a YEC Hi cam.

Anyway, I've cleared the code moments ago. Hopefully the light doesn't show again. Will update in a few days time. By the way, after the code is cleared, will the error code appear again when the o2 sensor is faulty or is it permanently disabled?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.