Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I have not had my O2 censor for more than 2 year on my 07 R1 ever since I installed my striaght pipe exhaust system.

I have only had this issue twice, Once coming back home from lake Havasu for Spring Break doing about 120 to 130 miles per hour @ 3am and today coming home from Vegas doing the same 120 to 130 miles per hour @ 3am again.

And Both time its happened just right after going from Higher elevation to a lower elevation altitude, so I just assumed that the ECU cannot make proper adjustments between fuel and Air without the O2 sensor.

Otherwise I never see the engine code or Light and never had any problem or performance issues.

Resetting the code:
DIAGNOSTIC MODE
Setting the diagnostic mode
1. Turn the main switch to “OFF” and set the engine stop switch to “Off”.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the “SELECT” and “RESET” buttons, turn the ignition
Switch to “ON”, position while continuing to press the buttons for 8 seconds or more.
“Diag” will display on the LCD screen.
3. Simultaneously press the “SELECT” and “RESET” buttons for 2 seconds
or more to activate the diagnostic mode. The diagnostic code number “d01” appears
on the LCD Display.
4. Press the select or reset button to go up or down the Diag codes until you find the
Correct Diag Code you want to reset.
5.Once you find code 24 press the engine stop switch to “On” then Off position and the
Code will clear and check engine light will be off.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.