Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
24 Liters
14,344 Posts
Probably the ONLY yellow bike I like...in the universe. And I officially hate you for those forks. Megawesome.

Ian how big are the holes in that rad guard? They look a bit large no?

The endurance crowd on PB turned me onto the stuff that they use if you're interested. It's 1/4 inch welded 304 stainless. Not cheap, but supposedly the most durable for the given application. Looks pretty nifty too. Although it comes in a big roll and is a pain to cut. I looked like I did battle with a herd of angry velociraptors when I was done with it.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,679 Posts
Probably the ONLY yellow bike I like...in the universe. And I officially hate you for those forks. Megawesome.

Ian how big are the holes in that rad guard? They look a bit large no?

The endurance crowd on PB turned me onto the stuff that they use if you're interested. It's 1/4 inch welded 304 stainless. Not cheap, but supposedly the most durable for the given application. Looks pretty nifty too. Although it comes in a big roll and is a pain to cut. I looked like I did battle with a herd of angry velociraptors when I was done with it.

Be interested to see it for sure, although the holes in my stuff aren't as big as perhaps they look, I think it's because they are a bit wider than high :dunno

Oh and just in case we'll quote it again.

Probably the ONLY yellow bike I like

·
1290!
8,575 Posts
Well spotted Eli, took it form a pretty polished finished it came with, down to a brushed look, think it looks more appropriate now.
Loving the brushed raw look. Very nice touch. :bow

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,641 Posts
I liked it better when it was shiny but I suppose you would have to see the bike live to make a better judgement :fact

·
WOG
6,029 Posts
Damn Ian, she really is gorgeous.:yesnod
Are you actually gonna wire up all those bolts?

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
He better. If he truly wants to be "race spec" :sing:

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
Better hurry, Ian. You need to have it done before COTA. Might have to ride in the back with your bike to get it all done in time. :crash

81 - 100 of 107 Posts