Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hum! I was going to buy a new battery for my YZF750 and as I stood there talking to the sales man debating over the price of the battery... I mentioned the red 04 R1 standing on the show floor. I asked for the price, and it was at 137.000 sek. Well i just briefly raised my eyebrows and he right away said with a low voice (because there were more people in line) "I'll give you it for under 130 if you want it".. I was .. "oh really".. and didn't say anything more about it. I'm not interested in buying the 04 R1. Just wanted to hear the price. Okay, let me refraze that... I'll happily Take the 04 R1. =) But no money for that.

I do have sort of a history with this local dealer cuz I've made them rich back in my early riding days when I never did any of the services on my bike myself. I was probably their sole income for a few months. :lol

He always give me discounts on parts and such if I ask. But this time, without even asking ... he takes 10.000sek off on the price without me saying that i was interested in buying it. And he knows I already have two bikes. hum!

Anyhow, have you all ever been treated like this? I thought it was kinda strange, but it made me glad. That's why I'm sharing it with you.

I did sit on the 04 R1 to get a feel of it, but I kept glansing over at the 600RR. So I walked over to it and wanted to compare the size. And I must say that the 04 R1 feels / looks like a "brick". It's very compact. Lots of stuff squeezed into the front area / tank. The 600RR was soo little and felt more nimble.

:bandit

· WERA/CCS #217
5,987 Posts
Man Swedie.. we dont know what the **** sek means in US dollars.. you gotta translate for us!!

· WUZ-UP !
4,362 Posts
Swedie said:
Hum! I was going to buy a new battery for my YZF750 and as I stood there talking to the sales man debating over the price of the battery... I mentioned the red 04 R1 standing on the show floor. I asked for the price, and it was at 137.000 sek. Well i just briefly raised my eyebrows and he right away said with a low voice (because there were more people in line) "I'll give you it for under 130 if you want it".. I was .. "oh really".. and didn't say anything more about it. I'm not interested in buying the 04 R1. Just wanted to hear the price. Okay, let me refraze that... I'll happily Take the 04 R1. =) But no money for that.

I do have sort of a history with this local dealer cuz I've made them rich back in my early riding days when I never did any of the services on my bike myself. I was probably their sole income for a few months. :lol

He always give me discounts on parts and such if I ask. But this time, without even asking ... he takes 10.000sek off on the price without me saying that i was interested in buying it. And he knows I already have two bikes. hum!

Anyhow, have you all ever been treated like this? I thought it was kinda strange, but it made me glad. That's why I'm sharing it with you.

I did sit on the 04 R1 to get a feel of it, but I kept glansing over at the 600RR. So I walked over to it and wanted to compare the size. And I must say that the 04 R1 feels / looks like a "brick". It's very compact. Lots of stuff squeezed into the front area / tank. The 600RR was soo little and felt more nimble.

:bandit
Bikes are expensive over there !!!!:scared :scared :bash :butt

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you'll be amazed.. hehe. it's about 18000 dollars. I did some calculations. It'd be like taking 1300 bucks off the price.

A comparison: Sales person give you the 04 R1... for $11000. But the sales person goes down to 10300 just cuz you raise your eye brows :)

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jkrstich said:
As of today...

1.00 SEK = 0.133528 USD
Sweden Kronor United States Dollars

so, 137.000 sek = $18,293.34
and, 130.000 sek = $17,358.64

HOLY CRAP! what a deal....
I said below 130 and more like 10.000 sek off. but anyways.. lol...

I hate sarcasm (refering to your last "holy crap" sentence... :lol)

· The electronic energy of .....
83 Posts
I agree, bikes do seem expensive over there. Funny though, I was in Stockholm last September (I work for Swedish Match here in the US), and noticed that there seemed to be more Harley's there than anything else. I did run into a guy with a blue One (00 or 01), and saw a few gixxers, but overall there were more bikes than I expected with the short riding season there.

Hope you get your legal issues sorted out so you can get back to Cali!

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mikel195 said:
I agree, bikes do seem expensive over there. Funny though, I was in Stockholm last September (I work for Swedish Match here in the US), and noticed that there seemed to be more Harley's there than anything else. I did run into a guy with a blue One (00 or 01), and saw a few gixxers, but overall there were more bikes than I expected with the short riding season there.

Hope you get your legal issues sorted out so you can get back to Cali!
Yeah, sportbikes here are too expensive to own. The insurance rates are worse here than probably anywhere on this darn planet. I could not myself get full coverage on my bike (02 R1). And if I ever did get one to atleast give me a quote, it was up at around 15.000 dollars a year. That's just stupid you know. That is also part of the reason I don't have a street bike this year.

thanks. I might actually land in Connecticut (however you spell that heheh)... cuz of a job I'm workin at right now. it's an industrial job and they might land a large order soon (millions worth) from a company in the US. They briefed me about it today and said I'd be their candidate for the job, with them knowing how much I want to go.

I also have another place I work for in Cali but they are too busy for me. (find thread named "lawyer") I'd also need to come up with 10G's myself. I could, but I won't becuase it is not for sure that the lawyer can get me back. So I rather not sell my bikes and end up still stuck here .. but without my bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.