Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Which Way From Here?
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...I already did a search and didn't really come up with what I was looking for.

I need to get a new OEM Decal for the top of my right side mid(on my 2003 liquid silver)"YZFR1"... followed a couple links but couldn't find anything about OEM stickers on any of the sites I visited. Also did check out tricktape, but looks like I'd have to call to find out their prices...

Does anyone know how much Dealers are charging for this 1 sticker? And especially does anyone know a good site online where I can get these for a decent price. I want to keep it OEM, and have checked on ebay also...haven't found anything but full kits..and none OEM at that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
shoots! scores!!
1,217 Posts
yeah, dealers will sell it to ya for about $15 or so.

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
I know you said you want to keep it OEM, but consider changing having the decals traced and printed in either metallic silver are chrome. They really make the bike stand out, especially versus the red R1 in the OEM stickers.

Good luck

·
Which Way From Here?
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sent an email to www.mrcycles.com and got a reply today...much better price than my local dealer quoted me..and no sales tax to worry about either!!

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,295 Posts
here is a question.. say i went to a dealer and wanted them to order a stock decal from the euro model.. you think they can get that in the us? or you think the euro decals are only available to the euro market?

IXI

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
626 Posts
IXIEvilR1 said:
here is a question.. say i went to a dealer and wanted them to order a stock decal from the euro model.. you think they can get that in the us? or you think the euro decals are only available to the euro market?

IXI
probably not dude :( they can only order from their YamahaUSA catalogs. I wanted to order some white lowers (the 03 R1 red euro comes with white lowers) but they couldn't order them.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
626 Posts
Bloo: after I painted my track fairings I wanted stock look also, but my decal is "YFZR1" and then another R1 logo attached, so it's a decent size decal. It was 34 bucks each so forget that. I found these in the yamaha catalog.

Attachments

·
Which Way From Here?
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking decals Eman....

I got the oem sticker for around $9.....not too bad when you think about how much some of the dealers will charge you

·
Redlinin'
1,420 Posts
Local sign makers should have vinyl cutting machines with all the current templates. If they don't have the template, they should be able to cut it from a JPEG file. I can get anything cut at a local shop for $5 each, with a 1 day turn-around.:thumbup

·