Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts

OFFICIAL Dates:
Monday June 1, 2009 - Sunday June 7, 2009

It's time to start planning for your lodging for the 2009 R1/R6 Convention. So that we may keep all lodging posts, questions and issues in one location, let's use this thread for all lodging related conversations. I would like to keep this thread clear of general chit chat and off-topic conversations. I will maintain this post with up to date information on who is looking for roommates and who has space. The official lodging location for the convention will be Fontana Village.​

Official: Forums Conventions and events CHAT THREAD
www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238461

OFFICIAL 2009 DEALS GAP: R1 / R6 Convention Threads:
R1-Forum - www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239476
R6-Forum - www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69562

Fontana Village Information:
www.fontanavillage.com
(800)849-2258

Fontana Village Map
www.fontanavillage.com/maps/villagelegend.pdf

Here is a link to see the Fontana's daily lodge & cabin rates:
www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/accommodations.htm

If you have ANY questions please PM me for help.

We are in need to fill spaces here. So if you are on a tight budget, contact someone on the "Has Space" list and work out a deal.

Needs a Space
JDollaz (R1-Forum) (Wants a Bed)
jluna9657 (R6-Forum)
bigpunr1 (R1-Forum)
mefistofeles (R1-Forum)

Has Space
Kynetguy (2 beds and floor space)

InkedR1Pilot: couch and floor space (Maybe a bed, PM for detail)

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,162 Posts
Looking to Lodge with some Peeps...
anyone got a cabin yet,. I want in Early cuz im not sleeping on the Floor....

·
damn turkeys
29,378 Posts
what's the deal with people talking about cabins and stuff, i was checking rates, a lodge room seems like the best way to go imo, what am i missing out on?

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
what's the deal with people talking about cabins and stuff, i was checking rates, a lodge room seems like the best way to go imo, what am i missing out on?
The lodge rooms are GREAT if you want a quiet night sleep and solitude. However, a lot of what happens at the Convention is at Shuckstack Road. That's where we eat, and then party the night away under the light of tiki torches. That is the time that is in most pictures and stories.

Honestly, the best bet is to match up with people and take the cabins that are close to Shuckstack Road.

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Missing out on....

1) the ability to stagger back to a bed after the Mix Masta get's a hold of you. (you will meet him at the convention. He doesn't post here often if at all) ;)

2) Rooming with new friendly faces. I enjoyed hanging out with my roommates last year. None of us knew each other at all. I walked away with knew friends that I will continue to keep in touch with.

If you get a cabin, get one as CLOSE to Shuckstack as possible. The walk from shuckstack is downhill, makes it nice after a long night.

There certainly are no disadvantages to the lodge though. The cabins are more like small houses. And of course the lodge is like . . .well a lodge/hotel.

If you get a cabin and rommies, you will actually get by cheaper.

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
Missing out on....

1) the ability to stagger back to a bed after the Mix Masta get's a hold of you. (you will meet him at the convention. He doesn't post here often if at all) ;)

Listen to the man on this one lol........i had to do it last year & he and other good friends helped me stagger back one night (up hill). :drunk: :rock

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Listen to the man on this one lol........i had to do it last year & he and other good friends helped me stagger back one night (up hill). :drunk: :rock
I know nothing about said event.

Next time stay closer. . .:thumbup

Me walking you back or helping walk Paytheon back was nothing compared to what was done for me Sunday night.

SHane: :finger:ugh

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
that damn "mix master" character is awful sneaky.........you dont see him comming till its to late haha

·
Super Moderator
21,659 Posts
that damn "mix master" character is awful sneaky.........you dont see him comming till its to late haha
Dave, you should have know better. :lol He's slick and works with support. :sneaky Mostly covert opperations. Once he picks a target{s} it's only a matter of time. :drunk:

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
My apologies. Fontana said those had to go through Shane. Thanks for the correction.
Cool. Shane, Scott and I approve Shhuckstack.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Haven't heard from anyone about sharing a room/cabin.
Got you on the list. It will pick up in a few weeks. This early we don't have a lot of people reserving cabins etc, but it will pick up shortly. Keep in contact with kynetguy since he is keeping tabs on this. If you need help beyond that please PM DanQ or GPD270.

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haven't heard from anyone about sharing a room/cabin.
Sorry about that Tap. I am the only person that has any available space posted at this time. If you want commitment now, just to know you are set, you are more than welcome to take a spot in my cabin. I have no one committed at this time other than myself.

Like Dan said though, it will start to get crazy later. By Feb there will be lots of people looking for space and roommates.

Got you on the list. It will pick up in a few weeks. This early we don't have a lot of people reserving cabins etc, but it will pick up shortly. Keep in contact with kynetguy since he is keeping tabs on this. If you need help beyond that please PM DanQ or GPD270.
Thanks Dan, I slacked on this. I will copy this over to the R6 forum.

·
3,860 Posts
Sorry about that Tap. I am the only person that has any available space posted at this time. If you want commitment now, just to know you are set, you are more than welcome to take a spot in my cabin. I have no one committed at this time other than myself.

Like Dan said though, it will start to get crazy later. By Feb there will be lots of people looking for space and roommates.

Thanks Dan, I slacked on this. I will copy this over to the R6 forum.
kynetguy, if there is a bed available I'll commit now.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
About this Discussion
194 Replies
32 Participants
Goobr
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing