Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it would be nice to have a specific thread for everyone attending the convention this year. I'm hoping this will give everyone a place to discuss meeting times and plan trips in advance to get as many people out there together as possible. I know last year it was hard to coordinate with everyone especially when you only have a handful of cell phone numbers to call. Anyways we are less than a week away, I can't wait. What are you most looking forward to doing while in attendance this year? Feel free to take the conversation in any direction you please.....see you there

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great info from DanQ:

I tether off my phone, and got solid service all week. But otherwise went to the lodge.

Drink menu??? There is drinking at the Convention?

Been a lot going on. Shane and the rest of us have been conversing, and we'll have daily ride info etc up soon.

Main thing to remember is the Phoenix Deck nightly around 7:00 PM (1900 for those of us that can tell time correctly :lol) and the entrance to the Lodge. Rides will be discussed and planned on the Phoenix Deck. There will be a white board/flip chart at the front door to the lodge daily with the upcoming events/rides for the day. But you don't want to watch the white board/flip chart, because some things will start before the resort can get the board out (Eric and I will try to get it updated, but since most decisions will be finalized at the Phoenix Deck, that's where you want to be. Bring a few of your favorite drinks).

Towel service: They don't have a schedule. Each cabin has a good compliment of towels. If you need replacements, please let the front desk know. They will replace on request. DO NOT place the towels on the porch. They don't look for them, and if they fall into the dirt things will get complicated. Just contact the front desk when you need towels replaced.

Vehicle cleaning rags: While not the preferred method, if you need to clean your bike and need rags to do so, please contact the front desk. DO NOT use the towels (no matter how clean you think your bike is). You will be charged for replacement towels. Buy a roll of disposable shop towels, or bring some terry cloth.

Shirts are ordered. Sorry if you missed out. We couldn't buy many extras. We can discuss a second order, but the price could very likely change.

Saturday's events are still being discussed.

We hope to have everything in this thread by the weekend.

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be headed up Tuesday morning, just found out I won't be riding alone. I got nine frien....I mean quarts tagging along for the trip. Should make for an interesting six days.

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
My wife, kids and Michelle went white water rafting today .... Figured the rain wouldn't hurt them lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Evenings gather at the Phoenix Deck at 8pm. Rides will be discussed and updated on a white board in front of the office starting Tuesday morning. If anyone has special rides planned throughout the week PM SpidermanSS and I’ll update the www.dealsgapconvention.com blog section with latest happenings. You can also tag pictures on Twitter to @SpidermanSS if you want images posted daily.

Cabin 48 Rides (Kevap - Kevin)

Monday & Wednesday... "Detoured" Robbinsville loop - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's, 129 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. Then come back 129, 143, 28 to Nantahala Village.

Tuesday & Thursday... Skyway run - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville... 129 to 143 to Skyway to Tellico Plains. Gas up, relax and come back same route.

Friday... "Real" Robbinsville loop. 28 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. 129 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's. 143 to 28 to Nantahala Village.

Saturday... 28 to CROT for breakfast! Run dragon to top. Relax, take group pictures. Back to CROT back to Nantahala Village.

Cabin 23 Rides (DanQ - Dan)

Morning Breakfastride to CROT 0900

Cabin 24 Rides (KynetGuy - Eric)

Daily Cherohola Skyway Runs (discussed nightly)

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
We are departing the lodge at 10:30am for Tellico Plains via the Skyway.

·
assfault junkies
1,949 Posts
We are departing the lodge at 10:30am for Tellico Plains via the Skyway.
Thanks I'm not sure I'm going to make it my riding partner backed out. I dont really like riding that far out alone. I will probably just end up riding through blood mtn a couple times.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
jake300win
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing