Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's started...! I'll be at the resort in a hour.. Pit stop for BBQ ....

This week will be a big adventure Deals Gap to Vegas to Deals Gap .....

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370794673.737535.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WERD .. We brought Xbox but no converter to 3 wire from hdmi cable ... Kids will be lost

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good Thursday night it's on! I role out to Vegas at 1000

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evenings gather at the Phoenix Deck at 8pm. Rides will be discussed and updated on a white board in front of the office starting Tuesday morning. If anyone has special rides planned throughout the week PM SpidermanSS and I’ll update the www.dealsgapconvention.com blog section with latest happenings. You can also tag pictures on Twitter to @SpidermanSS if you want images posted daily.

Cabin 48 Rides (Kevap - Kevin)

Monday & Wednesday... "Detoured" Robbinsville loop - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's, 129 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. Then come back 129, 143, 28 to Nantahala Village.

Tuesday & Thursday... Skyway run - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville... 129 to 143 to Skyway to Tellico Plains. Gas up, relax and come back same route.

Friday... "Real" Robbinsville loop. 28 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. 129 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's. 143 to 28 to Nantahala Village.

Saturday... 28 to CROT for breakfast! Run dragon to top. Relax, take group pictures. Back to CROT back to Nantahala Village.

Cabin 23 Rides (DanQ - Dan)

Morning Breakfastride to CROT 0900

Cabin 24 Rides (KynetGuy - Eric)

Daily Cherohola Skyway Runs (discussed nightly)

·
99 R1
1,132 Posts
Evenings gather at the Phoenix Deck at 8pm. Rides will be discussed and updated on a white board in front of the office starting Tuesday morning. If anyone has special rides planned throughout the week PM SpidermanSS and I’ll update the www.dealsgapconvention.com blog section with latest happenings. You can also tag pictures on Twitter to @SpidermanSS if you want images posted daily.

Cabin 48 Rides (Kevap - Kevin)

Monday & Wednesday... "Detoured" Robbinsville loop - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's, 129 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. Then come back 129, 143, 28 to Nantahala Village.

Tuesday & Thursday... Skyway run - 28 to 143 into Robbinsville... 129 to 143 to Skyway to Tellico Plains. Gas up, relax and come back same route.

Friday... "Real" Robbinsville loop. 28 to CROT. Relax, run dragon if needed. 129 into Robbinsville, stop for a Frosty at Wendy's. 143 to 28 to Nantahala Village.

Saturday... 28 to CROT for breakfast! Run dragon to top. Relax, take group pictures. Back to CROT back to Nantahala Village.

Cabin 23 Rides (DanQ - Dan)

Morning Breakfastride to CROT 0900

Cabin 24 Rides (KynetGuy - Eric)

Daily Cherohola Skyway Runs (discussed nightly)
thanks for this ...I go to roll ou either Friday or Saturday morning ( depending on the weather to make it home for father's day

FYI - weather forecast for this week

Today Jun 10 75°F 57°F
Scattered T-Storms Chance of rain: 100% Wind: SW at 11 mph

Tue Jun 11 84° 58°
Mostly Sunny Chance of rain: 20% Wind: W at 10 mph

Wed Jun 12 89° 62°
Isolated T-Storms Chance of rain: 30% Wind: WNW at 6 mph

Thu Jun 13 84° 56°
Scattered T-Storms Chance of rain: 40% Wind: W at 12 mph

Fri Jun 14 79° 53°
Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 10% Wind: N at 8 mph

Sat Jun 15 82° 56°
Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 10% Wind: WSW at 4 mph

Sun Jun 16 83° 58°
Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 20% Wind: SW at 6 mph

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
Loaded up and heading out. See you guys are 10 a.m. at the camp and around noon at the gap.

·
Venom GA state lead.
4,070 Posts
Ok... I'll put more on.

The guy at GMD told me I should strap the rear too. 4 points. Said it'd pull a little pressure off the front wheel keeping it from being crammed up and locked against the chock. Said that he's redone alignments from them being pulled foreward so much that they have no give and it twists up the front end :dunno

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
R1 Forum Star
16,200 Posts
Ok... I'll put more on.

The guy at GMD told me I should strap the rear too. 4 points. Said it'd pull a little pressure off the front wheel keeping it from being crammed up and locked against the chock. Said that he's redone alignments from them being pulled foreward so much that they have no give and it twists up the front end :dunno

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
good job on the double straping...now to be picky if you do the rear technically you should tie that to the front as well...I disagree with the guy at GMD

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,162 Posts
Saw some FB post's that u guys were out there this week. Have fun & R1de Safe.. make sure to share lots of Pix/Vidz like always.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
About this Discussion
140 Replies
31 Participants
Meister37
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing