Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

14601 - 14620 of 14635 Posts

·
she said 'do I race'
420 Posts
Oh sweet! I think that sounds killer, I will probably try for Saturday, weather permitting...

Hmmm,,, 40-50 cruiser class..sounds very interesting!! Thankx T

·
Registered
684 Posts
The weather was great after the rain stopped on Saturday and it was nice and cool. My boy had an awesome weekend, He got 1st on Friday and Saturday, and 3rd on Sunday. They also did a cool after races race that was just on the 3rd straight (rhythm section) and he got 2nd in that one.

Attachments

·
she said 'do I race'
420 Posts
Man, I forgot till after the GP when I was going back home. That's killer, glad to hear!! Amazing how much the track tech has changed over all the years. Cement burms...wow!!! No more high speed washouts!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I haven't been to a bike night in a while. I'm going to try to go to the one at Cycle Gear tomorrow.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I finally broke down and decided to build a track bike. Picked up a beat to shit 2006 R6 and have been putting it back together. I probably would have been better off just buying something track ready, but this gives me something to do while the weather is sucking, and let me get creative with paying for it. Also finally rolled the dice on some Chinese fairings which haven't come in yet. The price was just too good and I literally need every piece for the build.

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
YZF Rich hows the R6 track bike looking? been awhile since i got on the forum. been wanting to get into track days myself but nervous about taking my R1 on it....would hate to see it get trashed or something

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Well.... pretty damn slow. I am about a lazy as lazy can be and I have a working street bike. Basically all I need is new tires and to put the body work on, and then a shake down run at the track to figure out what I missed.

·
ROWDY
12,177 Posts
Seems things haven't changed much at the old water hole. I haven't rode in awhile. My right fork leg has decided to start leaking. And I haven't fixed it yet. I think the bushing in it must be bad, So will probably just buy a new leg.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
My R1 is down too. Took it out for a ride last weekend and it was overheating. Fortunately I pay attention to the gauges occasionally and I saw the temp going up. Got home and popped the radiator and it was down quite a bit. Filled it back up and oh goody leaking from the weep hole in the oil pan. Took everything apart and the water pump shaft looks pretty ugly. I was going to rebuild it, but a new pump and all the seals was about $200 so I decided to just replace everything. Ordered the parts tonight, and everything is in stock so hopefully I will be back in business next weekend.

·
ROWDY
12,177 Posts
Yep. that was a good catch on your part. I still have not ordered a fork leg. It has been so hot here I have not had the urge to ride. lol or spend the $700.00 for a leg.

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
Glad you caught it before you got further down the road. My front end shakes badly from time to time. Think it's about time to replace the steering head bearings but as y'all said it's just too ****ing hot these days to work in the garage. Maybe this fall I'll try tearing into it. Need to change the CCT also.

14601 - 14620 of 14635 Posts