Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5421 - 5440 of 8020 Posts

·
big tracks scare me
8,504 Posts
It's just like rolling up on scene, opening the door to the trailer and picking the bike off the floor :hammer: :hammer:
Or driving through downtown with 15 bikes following on a group ride through the "countryside". :lol It's not like we had any WI natives on the group ride, so I can't really fault the guy. :crash

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
11,065 Posts
Congrats Rory on the fix.

Also, as promised....a pic of the new brake lines.....

Attachments

·
damn turkeys
29,368 Posts
Did you ever fix the throttle issue so you don't rev at 15 y/o girls? :lol
yeah, fixed it before my first ride this season :fact

That's one of his trademarks :lol
:fact :lol

It's just like rolling up on scene, opening the door to the trailer and picking the bike off the floor :hammer: :hammer:
:shake that's definitely not a trade mark, it's only happened a couple times :lol

Or driving through downtown with 15 bikes following on a group ride through the "countryside". :lol It's not like we had any WI natives on the group ride, so I can't really fault the guy. :crash
well if someone would have said something earlier (ian who pointed it out at the gas station) i would have been more than happy to go around it :lol

Congrats Rory on the fix.

Also, as promised....a pic of the new brake lines.....
on the bike! :2bitchsla :lol

already went through a tank of gas, so far so good with the fix.

·
11,065 Posts
09 R1 Spiegler Rensport SS Brake Line Install

It rained today, so I put the SS brake lines in the front. It went pretty smoothly. Here are the pics of it after I finished bleeding the brakes. The lever is rock solid now, and seems better than before I started. Since it is raining, I will have to wait to go for the test ride. I am sure that I will be satisfied with the increased braking performance. I was able to do the job with out removing the headlight assembly. I removed both of the side panels, the panel under the lights, and the right hand ram air duct cover (so that I wouldn't drip brake fluid on it). It took me 3.5 leisurely paced hours to do the job. It wasn't all that bad of a job. To be honest, the one thing that I am not 100% satisfied with is the line routing. I probably spent an hour trying to figure out the optimal routing for the lines. I think that the lengths are a little bit too long, and the tee in the middle is located in wrong direction. But you can't flip it because then the lines to the two calipers are not the right lengths, one ends up 2" too short and the other like 3" too long. As you can see in the pic I had to route the left hand cable over the horn. This causes the lines to take different routes as they cross over the fork tubes. I will have to talk with Spiegler about this in the morning.

Edit: I rode it to work today, and the breaks work great! Nice and firm, with very little give up.

Attachments

·
11,065 Posts
I had to run them in front because behind the forks the lines were ridiculously too long. And this is an example pic from motomummy for the lines. I tried every option I could think of, that was the best I could come up with.

·
damn turkeys
29,368 Posts
I had to run them in front because behind the forks the lines were ridiculously too long. And this is an example pic from motomummy for the lines. I tried every option I could think of, that was the best I could come up with.

got ya, i've never ran a 1:2 setup with before so that might be the choice way to run them. i've always just ran mine from behind :dunno was just curious.

i'll check out the airshow videos when i get out of the shower.

·
11,065 Posts
Speed did a rider spotlight on Cameron Beaubier who rides for RidersDiscount in the AMA Pro Daytona Sportbike class (he ended up finishing second :thumbup )....Thats was cool....but what an awful wreck on the start.....ouch.... A dude took a font tire in the back....I didn't catch the name of the dude who went down....Jake something....

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
Speed did a rider spotlight on Cameron Beaubier who rides for RidersDiscount in the AMA Pro Daytona Sportbike class (he ended up finishing second :thumbup )....Thats was cool....but what an awful wreck on the start.....ouch.... A dude took a font tire in the back....I didn't catch the name of the dude who went down....Jake something....
Zemke?

·
11,065 Posts
May have been?

5421 - 5440 of 8020 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.