Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
my R1 burps GSXRs
472 Posts
playa, I have that dream too, just that they are throwing plastic things that hum and LOOK like pickes, for I have liberated them all from the need for these things!!!

#6,

so whats the problem with under 21s? here they have been drinking and voting for3 years, war age is 18 in the states isn't it? seems kinda like segregation to me.

since I don't plan on telling my local police what this sticker of a fearsome dragon copulating with a yamawolf means, and there aren't enough of them around to draw attention, I can't see how it would effect anything outside of this website.

and nobody is going to tell me how to ride, using authority given to him by a hobbyist website or otherwise.

if its for fun, I am in, if its to take posing to another level, Im out.

just for reference, I did start my own sportbike club in the early 90's, we had over 60 members, everything from racers to super newbies, we had the rules very similar to yours, no stand ups in school areas, no smokeshows in the police parking lot, that sort of thing, but this is a website! where people from across the globe chat! (aussie summer just starting, make me sick) maybe we need to think about this in a more relaxed way and not break down the group geographically.

jess

·
Backmarker
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Jess--It is broken up geographically no to split people apart, but to put people together who may not know they live near one another. As I said before, the insignia that your squadron wants to go with is up to you. If you believe it will not draw unwanted/unwarranted attention, go for it. As for the 21 thing, it is pretty arbitrary. I will also leave that up to each individual squadron.

·
875 Posts
The first rule of the R1 Squadron is you don't talk about the R1 Squadron.

The second rule of the R1 Squadron is you don't talk about the R1 Squadron.

I can tell be looking aorudn that many of you have no been following the first two rules.

The third rule of the R1 Squadron is that if this is your first time here, you WILL ride...

Sorry, I had to... :lol

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
Guys... I'm 20.. and I'm allowed into the Wolfpack.. And I consider myself a pretty active member..

hell without me.. the Wolfpack wouldn't have gotten alot of things installed at our last meet :fact Just PM the CO and see what he feels is best :yesnod

·
180 MPH is a very lonely place
45 Posts
Well i have to say that the "squadron" idea quite appealed to me at first...as it stands it looks not unlike the bike chat room in AOL where i no longer go because of the bickering and squabbling that routinely goes on in there...I'm all ears to you guy's and will stand corrected if i'm wrong but i bought my R1 to get away from the regimented constraints of work, home, family, etc...from time to time and to hang out with guy's who do the same.It's hard enough with the police/government/thieves/senile drivers etc...on your case without having your own kind finger wagging and saying it's okay to wheelie but if you do anything illegal you're out of our club which must be called the san fransisco pink fairies...Now if this was the aspencade forum i'd fully understand......lighten up please guys?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
26 Replies
18 Participants
stan UKR1rider
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing