Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· goonie goo goo
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys know alot more about my bike than I probably do so I've got a questions for ya. I have the Ohlins damper on my 2k1 and everytime I rev through 4500 to 6500 in just about any gear I'm getting a strange vibrating noise. Now I know that there are a million and one things that can vibrate when the bike goes through that rpm range cause it's at it's torque peak, but just for shits and giggles I put my hand on the damper to hold it still and the noise stopped.

After all of that dribble my question is, is there anything I can do to/add to the damper to make it shut up and vibrate less? And please don't tell me tighten it, tried it, didn't work.

Thanx fellas

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
if the noise dissappears when you hold the damper then make sure all screws on the damper is put on correctly and is tightened thoroughly.

You might have forgotten to tighten the screw at the top of the tank cuz there's a metal plate there that can be the reason for the noise/vibration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.