Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I need more money.
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

does anyone here expirianced fast buzz (fast vibration) between 5000RPM to 7000RPM. This thing is annoying.

One more thing. I bought it used from a friend that crashed his R1.

For the damper, Not even a tiny scratch or dent.

Do you think this is the reason?
 

·
ALL THIS MODS GETS ME BROKE:(
Joined
·
3,318 Posts
A small plastic washer under the mount that swivels should fix that problem or look up R1Budha's detailed installations
 

·
I need more money.
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have heavier barends (earache's). Its not like head shakes,
Its a fast vibration of the actual damper.
 

·
ALL THIS MODS GETS ME BROKE:(
Joined
·
3,318 Posts
downtown said:
I already have heavier barends (earache's). Its not like head shakes,
Its a fast vibration of the actual damper.
Dude put a plastic washer nd it'll stop the buzz...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I had the same problem this weekend, yours might be the same as mine. It was the bolt on the right end that holds the piston to the mounting bracket. Check it to see if its loose.
 

·
HighRider
Joined
·
699 Posts
Downtown,

My friend username "Joey" also has an Ohlin's damper on his 02. You might want to pm him to see if he has had the same problems you are experiencing.
 

·
I need more money.
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C-Rad said:
I had the same problem this weekend, yours might be the same as mine. It was the bolt on the right end that holds the piston to the mounting bracket. Check it to see if its loose.
The vibration is coming from the bolt on the right, that hold the piston. It is not loose! when I touch it while riding it stopes. and then when I leave it it starts again. but only between 5000-7000RPM. I think it from the round thing that the bolt go through it.
 

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
I used A/C o-rings to stop the buzzing sound.:thumbup
 

Attachments

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
:hellobye
 

Attachments

·
I need more money.
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bluer101,

Thanks for the pics.

I got the new ohlins mount. anyway, I tried some O rings, washers ,everything.

Nothing helped. the buzz is comming from the bolt on the right, the one that holds the piston.

thanks.
 

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
downtown said:
Bluer101,

Thanks for the pics.

I got the new ohlins mount. anyway, I tried some O rings, washers ,everything.

Nothing helped. the buzz is comming from the bolt on the right, the one that holds the piston.

thanks.
Ok, I did not know what mount you had. I had a terrible vibration also and that worked.:) Sorry that did not help.:(
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top