Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
WSMC #520
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a set of ohlins forks, but they don't have radial mount caliper brackets. They were advertised as for a 04-06 R1 so my question is, wouldn't they already have radial mount brackets on them if they for my bike? How they hell am I going to fix this?

Thanks in advance:)

·
Premium Member
18,771 Posts
They should have the radial mount brackets if they truely are for the 04-06.. Do you have a part number? Or do you have a picture of the forks.

PVM makes the radial brackets.. And I believe there might be some for sale on this forum for $250..

·
WSMC #520
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They "say" the part number is fg327, which is the correct part number. The problem is the they don't have the radial mount like they're supposed to.

Got a link to those brackets?:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,771 Posts
They "say" the part number is fg327, which is the correct part number. The problem is the they don't have the radial mount like they're supposed to.

Got a link to those brackets?:)
Those definitely aren't 04-06 forks..as I'm sure you know. Look like 02-03 forks.

Anyways - here's a link to the adapters I was talking about..
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213142
-Greggs Customs 100mm caliper adapters with removable spacers to run rotors from 298mm(stock) to 320mm $ 250

They are actually Greggs adapters, not PVM.. But PVM does make them. Not sure if Harris makes the radial adapters, but I have harris adapters on my ohlins for my AP racing calipers..

·
Premium Member
18,771 Posts
Thanks man! I wonder if there is any other difference between the different forks besides the bracket.
Not sure - I would e-mail ohlins, they helped me out with mine.. [email protected]

If you look on the fork leg on the axle clamp area - you can get the serial number off them and they can tell you everything about the forks. It might have the part number too, not 100% sure.

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
Parker..... if what you're getting is the same as the image you posted..... those are the bottoms that accept the radial mount brakcets like " MotoGPracing " posted.
You may actually get the forks you're expecting..... maybe the guy just posted the wrong photo ?
We'll get it sorted out when you get them......

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
post a pic of the ACTUAL forks. the generic pic shows radial mount forks with axial mount caliper adaptors. it just needs the radial caliper mount. not a whole bottom assembly.:fact

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.