Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hellobye ...hey guys...I have an 02 r1...my question is which one should i go with?... I tend to do wheelies and ride the tank here and there.... I just got my bike back from the shop where they installed the RK racings quick accelaration kit...now this thing comes up all the time....what is the difference between the two...i now that they look different, but do they do the same function?....sorry for sounding like a dumb:butt ....but please let me know which one i should get.. thanks :riding

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Which ever you prefere man. They are both top dollar, top of the line pieces of equiptment. I have the ohlins, my buddy has the scotts. They are both sweet. DO A SEARCH bro...:fact

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
the scotts will sit further away from the tank. btw what is a rk quick accelleration kit? do you mean a chain and sprockets???:lol

·
The `Shocking` Truth
74 Posts
Considering that the std Ohlins damper is half the price of an Ohlins rotary damper, I'd suggest the std type. The rotary damper is really not intended to be used in a road app. Factory Yamaha tried for one year and found it was way too expensive and a pain in the ass and ditched the thing. Yeah it looks cool, but simple is always better. The rotary dampers get a lot of slop in the hardware and are next to impossible to service, not to mention the cost........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts