Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Finally bought a liter bike
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help here fellas. I have a 2004 r1 and while I was on track yesterday my oil light came on twice during separate sessions for about a half lap then wouldn't come back on. I changed the oil the day before with no issues. I had this happen on my 09 as well but it was 100 degrees that day.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Something I need to be worried about?

· Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,237 Posts
I've had that happen too. z064life is right in that it shouldn't be anything to worry about, most R1s are sensitive to oil level. If you fill to the middle of the sight glass, the light may come on during hard acceleration - it may not. If you fill closer to the upper fill mark, you shouldn't have any further issues. Hope BW was fun.

· Moderator - In Memorium
25,903 Posts
It's actually on all Yamahas. Heck the only bike I have that it doesn't come on under hard acceleration is my Warrior. On the Vmax it's my "after shift light". :lol

But yeah, add a touch of oil and see if it stops doing it for you. As long as it doesn't stay lit, you should be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.