Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some noise in my clutch case. so i took off my clutch cover and spun it a couple times. I can hear something clicking. The chain that spins the oil pump from the clutch seems kinda loose.

can this be tightened up?
I dont see anything to tighten it.

· Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the noise might be the rod bearing, but i can hear the noise directly behind the clutch casing. Its a pain to pull the bolt off the clutch basket. I have to jam a huge rod into the back wheel to stop it from spinning. i hope i dont break the rim when i use my impact wrench. (thats how tight it is!)

· Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am guessing it is my rod bearings. I am not sure. There was another 00 r1 here that had a bad running gear that made this noise. This is a very loud noise that makes alot of clatter. I dont want to put a ton of time into this fix. I might buy another block. I checked all the valve clearances and they are within spec now. They were way off a week ago. Intake was 8mm and exhaust was 10mm all the way across the cams

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.