Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Im KRAYZIE but not Crazy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i havent had the best of luck with the 2007 r1. After discovering that i had stripped the oil plug, i order a new oil pan, gasket and the quick change kit from cyclegadgets.com. As i took of the bottom farings, i discovered that my rearset was broke! just like everyone elses. I was more :flush: than stripping the oil pan for some reason.

But back to topick, i've been looking and looking for a how to on removing the old one and putting in the new one. As i looked on my bike it seems that the exhaust gets in the way. Do i have to remove this? If so how? Its that peace (dont know what its called ) that has the exup on it. Is there anything else i have to remove?

Please any help in the manner would be greatly appreciated.

·
R1
328 Posts
There is a little work involved so to make things easy rather than me type the whole procedure out.
Page 260 of the service manual lays out the procedure for you.

good luck with it mate :)

·
Im KRAYZIE but not Crazy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
page 260 of the manual thats available here online? I have that and all i c is the parts. Like a diagram of the peaces involved. I have even printed the service manual thats available in this sections of the forum. It just jumps straight into the removal of the pan go get to the pump. That fine but i have the exhaust in the way, and cant reach a few screws.

Thanks for the responce. I hope we are looking at the same page.

There is a little work involved so to make things easy rather than me type the whole procedure out.
Page 260 of the service manual lays out the procedure for you.

good luck with it mate :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.