Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
getting away with it since 84!
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where I live has been getting real bad with cops and such every weekend there are many accidents, squids ruining it for everyone ect and i have ended up paying for it one way or another i am contemplating making the r1 a full time track bike and just giving up street riding completely im a little torn on the issue and dunno what to do? any input would be great thanks alot guys

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
I was going to say it sounds like you live in Florida, then I noticed you do. LOL... But, it's getting like that everywhere. Keep it to the back roads with just a small handful of bikes. The larger the crowd the more attention it draws. As for the track idea I do it myself. About the only street riding I do anymore is one week at Deal's Gap in June and maybe a few runs to work when the weather is nice. Once you get off the streets and on the track a few times the urge to ride the street will go away. JenningsGP is about three hours North of you just off I-75. Have you ran there before? We have a Forum private track day there the weekend of Feb 2nd and 3rd. It would be a great time to explore the track with forum members who you can trust to help you out with track riding.

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to say it sounds like you live in Florida, then I noticed you do. LOL... But, it's getting like that everywhere. Keep it to the back roads with just a small handful of bikes. The larger the crowd the more attention it draws. As for the track idea I do it myself. About the only street riding I do anymore is one week at Deal's Gap in June and maybe a few runs to work when the weather is nice. Once you get off the streets and on the track a few times the urge to ride the street will go away. JenningsGP is about three hours North of you just off I-75. Have you ran there before? We have a Forum private track day there the weekend of Feb 2nd and 3rd. It would be a great time to explore the track with forum members who you can trust to help you out with track riding.

yeah man i love jennings i go there as often as i can and i see you have made friends with the pavement in turn eight lol been there once lol i have some friends that have gotten into it with me and we try to go as much as possible and yes i have felt the urge to ride on the street go down some but i dunno if i want to justify keeping it off the street, i do have a friend that had james at wwr designs make him a nice set up to keep it dot aproved and i may try the same thing, he being the only person i know who actually regretted going track only.........keep me posted about the track day though would like to actually meet some of you guys :)

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get a dirtbike

pros...
no insurance
cheap to service
look better with every crash
MotoX trackday costs about $30 (gate, fuel, food)
FUN!!!

cons...
broken femur
probably going to purchase a friends 04 yz450f and try my hand at supermoto, thats what he has used it for, but i do enjoy a ride in the dirt no and then....and yes im not looking foward to breaking my leg

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
I used to bitch about dirt because it was an all-day/all weekend deal and the cool thing about a street bike was that you could ride for 10 or 15 minutes if you had the urge.....now my wife bitches about track days because they're an all day/all weekend deal....think I'll buy another dirt bike:)

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to bitch about dirt because it was an all-day/all weekend deal and the cool thing about a street bike was that you could ride for 10 or 15 minutes if you had the urge.....now my wife bitches about track days because they're an all day/all weekend deal....think I'll buy another dirt bike:)
lol very true still a good time though:)

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

Ditto!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.