Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
the 1 and only
332 Posts
look how much money it took to get a car street legal that will keep with a bike.:confused: With similar mods (such as a turbo) the bike would have killed that car. A quarter of the cost that it took to just buy that car stock would make an R1 that would kill that thing. Hmmm i think i'll keep my R1 :yesnod .

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigb76180 said:
look how much money it took to get a car street legal that will keep with a bike.:confused: With similar mods (such as a turbo) the bike would have killed that car. A quarter of the cost that it took to just buy that car stock would make an R1 that would kill that thing. Hmmm i think i'll keep my R1 :yesnod .
Ummm, are you on crack? I have an R1 and CBR929 and even if they both could go 220 MPH and do the 1/4 mile in 7 seconds, I would rather have a modded Viper than can beat a stock bike over a super modded R1. You take the bike out and I will take the Viper and see who can pack in the most hunnies or get the most attention. D'uh!

I give props to the fact that a street car (modded or not) was able to even hang with the bike. You heard it at the stop light -- it wasn't some big wild idling straight line super car. It sounded like a normal viper with exhaust.

·
World Class Lurker
492 Posts
The guy on the R1 sucks.

He should have won that, The Viper should have only caught up when they got to 130+ speeds.

·
Stiffler Time Baby!
139 Posts
If that is in fact a DLM Viper, it most likely makes well over 800hp. There are a few guys in the Viper Club who race bikes all the time and win. Obviously it depends on what bikes they race. A lightly modded Busa or a turbo bike would kick ass of course.

bigb76180 I don't buy into the "Go fast for cheap" thing. If you were solely worried about cost, there are cheaper bikes than the R1. You bought the R1 because of the performance and the looks. My R1 is faster than my Viper, but that's not the point is it?

getchellad I agree with you, what kind of a tool goes out street racing in shorts!

:confused:

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
Girlsalloverme said:
You take the bike out and I will take the Viper and see who can pack in the most hunnies or get the most attention. D'uh!

Then those hunnies take a peak at the p.o.s. insides of that viper and go find someone with an m3 or AMG..... :lol

·
the 1 and only
332 Posts
Girlsalloverme said:
Ummm, are you on crack? I have an R1 and CBR929 and even if they both could go 220 MPH and do the 1/4 mile in 7 seconds, I would rather have a modded Viper than can beat a stock bike over a super modded R1. You take the bike out and I will take the Viper and see who can pack in the most hunnies or get the most attention. D'uh!

I give props to the fact that a street car (modded or not) was able to even hang with the bike. You heard it at the stop light -- it wasn't some big wild idling straight line super car. It sounded like a normal viper with exhaust.
Ummm, no i am not on crack. I get your point but i don't ride my bike to pick up "hunnies". I ride my R1 because i love to ride. So you get your viper and pick up some hunnies I'll keep riding my 1 and have a damn good time by myself or ridin with some friends.

·
Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
Wadda load of crap. First, why compare two wheels to two wheels. Secondly, the lanes were not free from traffic. Both times they opened it, some vehicle was in the way. Typical amatures not being on a track.

Edit: ..four wheels..

·
the 1 and only
332 Posts
Stiffler said:
If that is in fact a DLM Viper, it most likely makes well over 800hp. There are a few guys in the Viper Club who race bikes all the time and win. Obviously it depends on what bikes they race. A lightly modded Busa or a turbo bike would kick ass of course.

bigb76180 I don't buy into the "Go fast for cheap" thing. If you were solely worried about cost, there are cheaper bikes than the R1. You bought the R1 because of the performance and the looks. My R1 is faster than my Viper, but that's not the point is it?

getchellad I agree with you, what kind of a tool goes out street racing in shorts!

:confused:
I no way did i mean that it was cheap to have an R1 i meant compared to having that viper it is a hell of alot cheaper and you get something that is faster and looks good. But iknow if i was rich enoghe to get a car like that i probley would. My point was simply just as far as going fast on a street legal level that bikes in most cases own most sportcars and even though it ain't cheap it is still way cheaper than getting a sportcar to go that fast.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
hey killershroomr6,
isnt that XSuRoSiSX's wife in your avitar?

·
Stiffler Time Baby!
139 Posts
bigb76180 said:
I no way did i mean that it was cheap to have an R1 i meant compared to having that viper it is a hell of alot cheaper and you get something that is faster and looks good. But iknow if i was rich enoghe to get a car like that i probley would. My point was simply just as far as going fast on a street legal level that bikes in most cases own most sportcars and even though it ain't cheap it is still way cheaper than getting a sportcar to go that fast.
Can't argue that, when comparing bike part prices to Viper part prices, bike parts are very affordable. Abe hit the nail on the head though. Racing bikes against cars isn't apples to apples. And racing on the street in traffic...:no

·
the 1 and only
332 Posts
Stiffler said:
Can't argue that, when comparing bike part prices to Viper part prices, bike parts are very affordable. Abe hit the nail on the head though. Racing bikes against cars isn't apples to apples. And racing on the street in traffic...:no

true
:yesnod

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
killershroomr6 said:
Yea, I gotta change it out, he got banned and now its just not funny :no :(
I think its funny as hell! what did he have to say about it?

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.