Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Touch nuts...
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the front blinkers and hooked the wires to the running lights above the headlights. I replaced them with amber bulbs, but couldn't find 20 watt ones. I will call Lockhart Phillips today.

My question is....
If I hook up the blue wire from the blinker wires with the brown or green wire (depending on side) they remain on and won't blink. The rears won't blink either. So I just hooked power (green or brown/side dependant) to power and ground to ground and now they blink fast. Is there a way to have them both ways?
Running and blinking?

The 20 watt bulb should make the difference in brightness, right?

Any help will be appreciated!!!:eek: :crash :confused:

· Touch nuts...
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
r1tadua!

Yo, you da man! Thanks.

I will try this as soon as I get home.

Much appreciated!!!

Go Sixers!

My Knicks didn't make it.:(

· uwantnr1
92 Posts
The signal light/running light combo for the front is a great idea. What are you guys using to cover the holes left from the stock signal lights? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

· Touch nuts...
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The link above shows exactly how to make these lights do both.

I put 5 watt bulbs in, but they are not bright enough. Someone posted a number for 20 watt bulbs from Lockhart. I was wandering if they would be too hot though. I would hate to burn the little light covers. I seemed to have burned a rear blinker cover, bulb burned off amber color and partially melted cover. I will check with the dealer to make sure the same won't happen in the front.

Thanks for the help!

· One time at band camp.......
158 Posts
I moved my turn signals to the "running" lights. I went to the local parts store and got some replacement bulbs that had 4 LED's on them. I think it was $8 for the pair. I was thinking of getting the same tuning fork emblems that are on the tank to cover the "old" turn signal holes. Anybody have any thought on that idea? Later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.