Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im freaking out.. after literally having wet dreams about the 1098 since the first pictures showed up in 2006...I actually bought one tonight!! Brand new 2008 Red 1098!! I pick it up on Friday.

Made a few half ass phone calls to dealers and when one actually said yes to my low ball price I couldnt turn back :scared

I pick her up on Friday... I guess I wont be sleeping until then. I need a drink...and probably a second job...oh yeah...and about 10k for mods lol :dollar

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
congrats!! cant wait to see some pictures

·
Come Ride With Me...
1,059 Posts
Welcome to the world of Ducatisti

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about the 848 also...but I couldnt get away from the 1098....

The R1 stays for now...until I realize I dont need 3 bikes.... :sneaky

Remote possibility that the R1 becomes track dedicated then the 600rr must go. But I like the 600 for the track... so we'll see.

·
BESTOFRIENDS-WORST OF ENEMIES
1,334 Posts
$500 below MSRP Out Da Door!!!

Thanks for the replies guys.... as you can tell Im a little excited.
SO did it come out to 14,999?
Curious cause I've thinkin about one as well and live in cali however ducati dealers are a pain in the ass to negotiate wit.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice find.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
I'm jealous. One day I will add a few more bikes to the garage so my R1 isn't lonely. Congratulations!!! Definitely post some pics too!

·
"Down For Whatever"
118 Posts
Congrats to you. I saw that bike at the Show over the weekend and it is tight. Will be my next bike also. Post pics when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.