Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· www.HowBazaar.ca
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my own fender kit with cheap aluminum.... not as fancy as the other ones I have seen on here, but it does the job. I had my turn signals as the allen key bolts with built-in LED. They are just not bright enough, none of my friends know when I'm signalling. So I decided to buy these MINI halogen signals. They come in chrome or black (I got the chrome) and they are wicked.... (super bright). We hooked it up to a battery to see how strong they were, and if you look directly at them, it will blind you, just like a headlight (just not as big). I know this is a tease, I don't have any pictures yet because they are not installed, but I will soon. I'll keep you posted. If anybody needs a pair, I can probably give you prices and you can compare around. I know they are expensive but really worth it. They retail for $115 (Canadian) but I can probably get you guys a better deal. Email me if interested [email protected]

I'll post some pics of the light themselves when I get home, but just to give you an idea, they are about the size of my thumb. Halogen has got to be the greatest thing around (replacement halogen bulbs are also available).

· www.HowBazaar.ca
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are more pics of them installed. My plate bracket is kinda bad but it's the best I could do considering what I had to work with. Long story short, my aluminum bracket fell from my jacket (wasn't installed yet) when I was getting on the highway and a car ran over it, flattening it. :eek: I did my best to repair it.

Sorry if the focus on the first pic is off, I guess I had the focus on the rear tail light without knowing, I was in a rush this morning before coming to work... but you get the idea.

If anybody is interested, let me know, and I can give you prices (in Canadian dollar).

· www.HowBazaar.ca
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To answer your question, I don't remember who makes them. I guess I can always check the packaging but that would be in my garbage can at home. All I know right now is that they're made in Germany. If you want some, I can get some for $115 (Canadian) including shipping anywhere in Canada. If it's outside Canada, you will pay the cost of shipping directly to the courier (ie Purolator, UPS, etc). Email me if you're interested and I'll hook you up with some contact names.

· www.HowBazaar.ca
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The allen-key bolts are exactly that... bolts with an allen-key head. On one side of the bolt, there is an opening where the light of a small LED(??) shines through. They are designed to hold your plate (car or motorcycle) and give you the necessary (law) light to illuminate the plate. They come in pairs so I just installed them in two of the four holes left by the unwanted mud flap. The position of the bolts illuminate towards the front of the bike instead of having it pointing downwards, but it lights the whole plate up none-the-less. Perfect for this bike. Other people have found web sites where these bolts are available, but if you want, I can give you a contact name and prices in Canadian dollars.... just email me for details.

· Others try too hard...
57 Posts
I thought it was Mettise who made them.
But, anyway, I bought them from www.whaccessories.com
the people there are very cool, everything comes from Germany.
The lights are awesome, I have the black ones as well.
But Sex-C-R1, you lisence plate is huge, you can hardly admire your turn signals, you are going to have to bend that thing it is:butt ugly.
Sorry man, here in GA the tags are tiny.
:finger

· the old ONE
334 Posts
Vega said:
But Sex-C-R1, you lisence plate is huge, you can hardly admire your turn signals, you are going to have to bend that thing it is:butt ugly.
Sorry man, here in GA the tags are tiny.
:finger
:confused:
I wish mine is little as the plate from Sex-C_R1
I only could ... fold it:lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.