Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the bike and the site. here's my question- i've got a 2000 r1 and i'm making a show bike but also want it to be good on the street and don't want to loose much in the corners by installing a 250 rear tire. ?? i can customize every thing myself so all i need is the experts on how this will effect my bike. goods and bads.
also how can you tell if the bikes has been jetted? thanks

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
TURNS WILL SUCK. YOU WILL NEED TO WIDEN THE SWINGARM AND I AM SURE YOU WILL NEED TO ADJUST THE SPROCKETS SOMEHOW.AS WELL AS OTHER THINGS IM NOT SAVVY ENOUGH TO KNOW

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
alot of work and alot of turning will be lost

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
madmic said:
I'm new to the bike and the site. here's my question- i've got a 2000 r1 and i'm making a show bike but also want it to be good on the street and don't want to loose much in the corners by installing a 250 rear tire. ?? i can customize every thing myself so all i need is the experts on how this will effect my bike. goods and bads.
also how can you tell if the bikes has been jetted? thanks
:confused: Bad idea........:no just say no :no It's not a harley

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
Re: Re: ? on an r1 with a 250 rear tire

George P. Buono said:
:confused: Bad idea........:no just say no :no It's not a harley
:iamwithst

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
While i would agree that this seems to be a very bad idea, here is what you are going to run into.

Basically the swingarm is not wide enough.
You will be opening a HUGE can of worms because if you widen it, your front and rear sprockets will not line up correctly. This would cause you to have to ofset the engine in the frame to the left as you sit on it the move out the countershaft sprocket, as well as having a problem, since the chain runs behind the n=main frame spar, with clearance for the chain.

All in all i don't think you want to do it just for mechanical and modification reasons, let alone the drastic negative effect it would have on the handleing of the bike.
For ahow jsut go with a 200 and call it good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts