10,318 Posts
this thread sucks :shake

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still headed to the tuner tomorrow, lmao.

The funny thing is,,
- carbon body damage = 5k
- forks (may be tweaked) = 5k
- little ancillary parts = 500
That's 10500 and damn near 1/2 the value. Throw in labor, and they could total this thing. How funny would that be.

· Premium Member
12,690 Posts
Still headed to the tuner tomorrow, lmao.

The funny thing is,,
- carbon body damage = 5k
- forks (may be tweaked) = 5k
- little ancillary parts = 500
That's 10500 and damn near 1/2 the value. Throw in labor, and they could total this thing. How funny would that be.
Most state laws say if the damage is 70% of the value of the bike, it's a total loss.

Your bike might be totaled if the OEM parts are that expensive. 2015 R1 owners beware. :fact

The trick is to repair it yourself but in most cases, the dealer/shop has to add the labor.

Hope everything works out for you.

Edit: Wow. A friend of mine told me that the sucky part is if somebody does total an M, they probably won't be able to get another one. 500 in the US and most pre-ordered. Damn.

Aye buddy, repair that thing yourself man.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Most state laws say if the damage is 70% of the value of the bike, it's a total loss.

Your bike might be totaled if the OEM parts are that expensive. 2015 R1 owners beware. :fact

The trick is to repair it yourself but in most cases, the dealer/shop has to add the labor.

Hope everything works out for you.

Edit: Wow. A friend of mine told me that the sucky part is if somebody does total an M, they probably won't be able to get another one. 500 in the US and most pre-ordered. Damn.

Aye buddy, repair that thing yourself man.

The shop I work with got 2 R1Ms. I've already made the call. The 2nd one gets in this week and is mine if this one is totaled. So,,, repair or just start over. Leaning towards starting over, lmao.

That sucks if you claim it hope your insurance doesn't drop you !!

His fault, not mine.
His insurance will go up. I feel bad for him though. He was a nice guy.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
well there you go, his fault, a 20k motorcycle? brand spanking new!?? START OVER!!

i did the exact same thing 4 years n' change ago; bike was not a month old n' bam! write off due to extensive loss in value, :D

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well there you go, his fault, a 20k motorcycle? brand spanking new!?? START OVER!!

i did the exact same thing 4 years n' change ago; bike was not a month old n' bam! write off due to extensive loss in value, :D

Yeah,, now that I think about it,,, here's my track record on new ones:
- 99 = crashed at track in week 1
- 00 = crashed a few times, but I had it forever. (Or 2 years, lmao)
- 02 = car hit during break in totaled. Dealership sold me the only other one they had. (Déjà vu).
- 04 = high sided on track at Daytona (only had 750 miles on it). Put it back together and crashed the hell out of it at damn near every track at least once or twice.
- 09 = bought two from dealership. Wrecked my street one on break in ride.
- 15 = (today) car pulled out in front of me during break in. Only had 435 miles on it. May or may not be totaled.

Never thought about all that until just now. Lmao.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.