Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at different one piece suits and am wondering if anyone has any experience with suit for tall people. The top I need to spend would be between 1,000.00 to 1,300.00 so the custom suits that I have seen are out of the question.

Would the current solution I have now (two piece AP with long track pants) be the best? Thanks

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
I have been looking at different one piece suits and am wondering if anyone has any experience with suit for tall people. The top I need to spend would be between 1,000.00 to 1,300.00 so the custom suits that I have seen are out of the question.

Would the current solution I have now (two piece AP with long track pants) be the best? Thanks
When you get this one figured out let me know. I have been trying to get the guts up to buy a new one on line but figured it would turn into an exchange back and forth nightmare, I'm 6'3" and according to the sizing charts it doesn't seem like anything will fit.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I have a size 48 motogp kangaroo suit i'm 6-3 215 and wear a 44L suit jacket. I fit with no problem's, I would like to try a 46 to see if it's a little tighter in the torso.

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
I have a size 48 motogp kangaroo suit i'm 6-3 215 and wear a 44L suit jacket. I fit with no problem's, I would like to try a 46 to see if it's a little tighter in the torso.
Good to know, that's one of the suits I was considering going with, price wise and fromwhat I hear they hold up real well. Have any problems with yours?

·
NESBA Mid Central
77 Posts
I'm 6'-1" and 220 lbs with a 37" waist and wear a 46 suit coat. The Alpinestars suit in 50/60 (US/European) fits me just fine. It's loose around the waist but is otherwise perfect.

Getting the fit between the crotch and shoulders seems to be the most important dimension with 1-piece suit fitment.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I am 6'5'' and 235 and wear a 48L suit coat.
I'm 90% a motogp 48 would fit you, I wear a dainese back protector with mine and its still got room in the chest and gut area. The arms and legs are plenty long enough & I'm not getting racked at all. The suit has some great forearm armor and from the knee to shin has thick padding. Have not had any problems with the zippers. i wear it every time I ride all summer long. I can't find my camera here at work but if you guys really want I can take pics tom.

·
Riding dirt for the winter
1,097 Posts
I have a Alpinestars one piece RC-1, has been down but still in good shape. Its a size 48US-58Euro. I paid 1k for it. Thinking of selling it if anyone wants to make any offers. Will have pics on request.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.