Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My R1 is Shaved
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. As most of you know, I busted, and totaled my 02 R1. What is the new bike for me? What do you guys think about the 04 gix 750? I love the new R1 and wish I could get it, but I don't think insurance will allow it, being 1000cc insurance isn't cheap already.If you guys could have any bike, new or old what would it be. P.S. I know the R1 rules, that's why I had one
Thanks Bros!:bow

·
My R1 is Shaved
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Rex, i thought about a new r6, but I'm 6' 225, I don't think a 6 would make me happy enough,I'm gonna try for another 1000 because with any less power people tell me I will be dissapointed, but I also am thinking pretty hard about the new 750, for a good, well balanced bike

·
I speed therefore I am.
566 Posts
Gix 750 was the Performance Bike magazine Bike of the Year last year, even beating out the 1000K2. 600 cc handling with near 1000cc power. If I was going strictly for track performance, the 750 is what I would get. However, since I ride in other situations, I just don't like the snub-nosed look of Suzukis or the riding position.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I guess you don't have too many choices going smaller than a 1000 and being too big, in your opinion, for a 600. Give an R6 a try first before counting it out. As far as 7's, well there's the Duc, R7 (obviously hard to get), and the 750. A have a few friends who absolutely love their 750's. I think with that bike it's love hate. Either you love it or you hate it. I just can't get a feel for it. But, the same reasons I don't like it, are the same reasons my boys do. You've ridden an R1 so you know what to look for. Good luck Brad.

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
A buddy of mine that I ride with has an 02 Gixxer 750.. He went down one on the front, and up two in the rear, put on a Two bros. slip-on, and a PC3R... I've ridden it many times and can tell you, that thing rocks!!!!! You might have to change the gearing also to make it feel more like home (so to speak)... But from 0 to 100mph, he's right beside me!!! NO SHIT... My gearing is stock though...

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Don't forget gsxrs (750, 600) are peaky:hellobye

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would go with the gsxr750 and plus this years completely new.I had a 2002 and It was great.Im also 6foot1 and 240 pounds and the gsxr hit 170mph with me on it .Its really a perfectly balanced bike.Its topspeed and quarter mile were almost Identical to the 2001 and previous years r1.Both bikes had a 171 topspeed as shown on speedvision and in the magazine..As for a r6 or gixxer600 their alot of fun but all my friends who went out and bought 600rr and r6 and 636s loved riding my bike and 3 out of 5 of them bought 750s.they all said they want that extra power and its not too much.

·
My R1 is Shaved
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think

That's what I'm going to get a Gix 750, but now I just can't decide what year. I love the 02 body style, but if I got an 04, it would feel closer to my R1 than an older 750 would. I heard the new 750's are pretty nasty.If I got an 01 or 02 It would have to be very appealing, because you can't tell how a bike has been treated in it's past.But I'll figure it out. Thanks for helping me out, and I hope if I get a gix 750, you guys will still welcome me, and not hate on me, it is 2 wheels right?:riding

·
I speed therefore I am.
566 Posts
Re: I think

Brad02R1 said:
. Thanks for helping me out, and I hope if I get a gix 750, you guys will still welcome me, and not hate on me, it is 2 wheels right?:riding
:mad:

j/k but you know you will have to change your user name.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts