Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my Autotune set to target 14 at idle then 13.4 all the way to 75% throttle and 13.2 the rest of the way. Anyone have data driven targets from a dyno on what produces the best power? I was just guessing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too lean. I wouldn’t go above 13.2 anywhere except idle or if you’re tuning per gear and know exactly where your cruising range is.
I got these targets from Nick Marino. Do you know this gen R1 should be richer from dyno results? I’ve heard previous targets around 12.8 were optimal but the newer engines are more efficient and run best a little leaner. I may get a Ecu image built for 12.8 and run my current base flash back to back on a dyno to see

·
Premium Member
11,535 Posts
I got these targets from Nick Marino. Do you know this gen R1 should be richer from dyno results? I’ve heard previous targets around 12.8 were optimal but the newer engines are more efficient and run best a little leaner. I may get a Ecu image built for 12.8 and run my current base flash back to back on a dyno to see
I’ll stop right now because I don’t know how the new gen reacts to certain AFR like I do with the 09-14 engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts