Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my Autotune set to target 14 at idle then 13.4 all the way to 75% throttle and 13.2 the rest of the way. Anyone have data driven targets from a dyno on what produces the best power? I was just guessing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too lean. I wouldn’t go above 13.2 anywhere except idle or if you’re tuning per gear and know exactly where your cruising range is.
I got these targets from Nick Marino. Do you know this gen R1 should be richer from dyno results? I’ve heard previous targets around 12.8 were optimal but the newer engines are more efficient and run best a little leaner. I may get a Ecu image built for 12.8 and run my current base flash back to back on a dyno to see

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
I got these targets from Nick Marino. Do you know this gen R1 should be richer from dyno results? I’ve heard previous targets around 12.8 were optimal but the newer engines are more efficient and run best a little leaner. I may get a Ecu image built for 12.8 and run my current base flash back to back on a dyno to see
I’ll stop right now because I don’t know how the new gen reacts to certain AFR like I do with the 09-14 engine.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
Well the dyno it's the only way to tell what AFR corresponds to the most hp. Logging will nail the tune down for all real world conditions that the bike will actually see on the track...which makes for a better tune.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, Anyone have Dyno results from various AFRs for the 2CR?
I have the Dimsport EVO and getting the output in a couple of weeks.
I'm then converting the the Wideband O2 Sensor and MyTuning Bike to get a better AFR setting. looks like by the threads above to start at around 13.0

.ga.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Anyone have Dyno results from various AFRs for the 2CR?
I have the Dimsport EVO and getting the output in a couple of weeks.
I'm then converting the the Wideband O2 Sensor and MyTuning Bike to get a better AFR setting. looks like by the threads above to start at around 13.0

.ga.
Here's my target for active tune currently. Found my bike was thirsty and needed more from 8K up but haven't dyno'd with the updated fuel map yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's my target for active tune currently. Found my bike was thirsty and needed more from 8K up but haven't dyno'd with the updated fuel map yet.

View attachment 1015787
Cool. Cheers.
I have the Dimsport Rapid EVO and just bought a wide and O2 sensor and the MYTuningBike Canbus unit. The auto tune can only have one AFR setting though. So not sure how I’m gonna get something like you have. I’ll baseline mine at 13:1 and then switch off after 500 miles. And tweak the map for the mid range and above to be a little more richer.
I’ll get a dyno reading done inbetween the changes and compare.
I’ll update here next month.

thanks again!
.ga.

·
Registered
18 Posts

View attachment 1015787

Hi Fella!

I've got my, My Tuning BIke and Wideband sensor on and I actually can, like you, change the cells independently. Sweeeeet! (Although keeping 'All Cells' for time being).

I done a 30 minute blast with my AFR set at 11:1. Just to get a baseline and see how performs. Definitely smell the fuel. :)

I now have my AFR set at 12:1 and I plan to assess the change.

Interestingly, you have yours running richer at the upper end... Why is that?

Below is the Rapid EVO Map for a tuned 2016, and these look like they prefer to be leaner....

One last question,, look at my 95% column,,,, nothing went in.. Could that be the Modules TPS voltages. I have 0.72 min and 4.7max..
I wonder if I have to Calibrate it.

.ga.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts