Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my R1 is my main day to day vehicle.

I had to make some adjustments, and order some items so it will serve my needs while riding to work/weekends/track days.

First thing, I checked the compartment area under the passenger seat, "lots" of room there..

Since I'm using a multi tool, I removed all the Yamaha OEM tools, and their mounting brackets out.
Only then I was able to insert some tire repair kit, and the multi tool with some bits. The storage is so small and limited.

I got an Ogio tail bag for 90$ and mounted the straps under the rider seat:

In the future I'll add the side mounts & bags from Hepco&Becker

Need a RAM mount for the cell phone notifications :

Hidden CTEK charging port, while performing maintenance I like to connect the battery to the charger

now waiting for some heated grips

And a fender eliminator with integrated light

Updates will follow :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Items started to arrive.

Today I've installed a USB power outlet which is connected directly to the Yamaha OEM connector.

No welding just an electrical plier to press the cables.

Took me some time to find the OEM connector, other then that had to drill a hole in the left faring. easy work.

Here's some photos:

Here's the links for the items:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6S2SNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-DC-Power-Outlet-Connector-x2-for-MT07-MT09-FZ07-FZ09-YZF-R1-R1M-R6-XV1900/282300993413?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

*Working only when switch is on
*has a fuse
*has a blue LED
*I'm happy if it help anyone I'm happy.

More to come :)

-Shay

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got Black/Blue Brake Reservoir Cover
Received DMP integrated tail light & install it, working lovely!
Yamaha OEM sliders

now waiting for the heated grips, fender eliminator & saddle bags.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received & installed Yamaha OEM heated grips, few things:

* The install was easy, you'll need some time to figure out how you wish to route the cable to the battery under the chair, I mean I had to take off both side and fuel tank just to have the complete picture :eek5:

* The front cabling is even worse, meaning, there's zero room to add "another" cable there, I had to check during the installation that I can move the handlebars all the way right and left --> if you have a thick chank of cables the handlebars won't go all the way right/left.

*Lots of planning need to take in consideration.

*There's a safe shutdown after 30 seconds in case the bike is not running and the heated grips are on.

*There's a fuse protection on the cable.

now waiting for the fender eliminator, tank grips & saddle bags., updates will follow :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received the saddle bags with mounts & installed:

I had a long ride with the bags, on speed below 170 kph it's not noticeable, only the wide back that need to take in consideration while passing between cars etc.
when go into sport mode, you can feel that you move some additional power to get in & out the turns.

love it when I can just throw now items while on the go without trying to think how to place thing on the bike/myself

For some reason the fender eliminator didn't arrive, so, still waiting for that.

for now, did some cleaning and played with the cellphone camera:

Love this machine! :love:

·
Super Moderator
23,824 Posts
What the heck is that coming off the sides at the rear of your bike?

EDIT: nevermind... saddle bags. scrolled up and saw the pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
Shayc84
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing